The iPhone 5S is the successor to the iPhone’s previous model – the iPhone 5. Since its introduction, the iPhone 5S has been proclaimed as the «most forward-thinking smarphone in the world». The smartphone features a redesigned homebutton along with the new Touch ID function and several other hardware innovations.
Introduced on September 10, 2013.
- Processor Type: Apple A7.
- Onboard RAM: 1 GB.
- Storage Capacity: 16, 32 and 64 GB.
- OS: Pre-Installed iOS 7.0. Maximum OS: Current.
- Usage Time: Standby Time – 250 Hours. Up to 40 hours of audio playback, 10 hours of talk time on 3G, 8 hours of Internet use on 3G, 10 hours of Internet use on 4G/LTE, 10 hours of Internet use on Wi-Fi, 10 hours of video playback.
- Display: 4” display with 1136×640 resolution at 326 ppi.
- Connectivity: Built-in support for Wi-Fi. USB. Lightning and Headphone ports.
- Audio Support: AAC (8 to 320 Kbps), Protected AAC (from iTunes Store), HE-AAC, MP3 (8 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 2, 3, 4, Audible Enhanced Audio, AAX, and AAX+), Apple Lossless, AIFF, and WAV.
- Cameras: Rear Camera: Custom Sony Exmore RS. 8 MP. Front Camera: 1.2 MP, 720p HD video.
- Video Support: H.264 video up to 1080p, 60 frames per second, High Profile level 4.2 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; MPEG-4 video up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) up to 35 Mbps, 1280 by 720 pixels, 30 frames per second, audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file format.
- Dimensions: 4.87 in height, 2.31 in width, 0.30 in depth.
- Average Weight: 3.95 oz.
- Accessories: Shipped with Apple EarPods [headphones] with Remote and Mic, Lightning to USB cable, [and] a USB power adapter.
- Battery: Lithium Ion battery. Nob-removable Li-Po 1560 mAh.
- Colors: Space Gray, Gold, Silver.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Order: ME305LL/A.
Apple Model Number: A1533.
Discontinuation: March 21, 2016.
Initial Price: US$199, US$299, or US$399 with 16 GB, 32 GB, or 64 GB of storage with a two-year AT&T contract. Contract free for US$649, US$749, or US$849.
- Before the official release of the iPhone 5S, the new iPhone received a lot of speculation regarding the new model including a fingerprint scanner which expanded after its packaging was leaked, revealing a metallic ring around the home button.
- The iPhone 5S was the best selling smartphone on AT&T, Sprint, Verizon and T-Mobile, having outsold the iPhone 5C.
- How to get flashing alerts: Sometimes you’ll have your iPhone 5 on silent or you’ll be in a loud environment, but you still want to know when a message comes in. There isn’t a notification light on the iPhone 5, but you can set the LED flash to blink as an additional alert. Go to Settings > General > Accessibility and slide LED Flash for Alerts on.
- That’s it for our iPhone 5S tips, but our top iOS 7 tips is worth checking out before you go. You can also find more tips via the iPhone User Guide which you’ll find under Bookmarks in Safari. If you’ve got another tip you want to recommend we’d love to hear it. We’ll update this post regularly with the best of the bunch.
- Sell your iPhone 5s to iGotOffer and save for a new smartphone. Instant and Free Quote, Free and Fully Insured Shipping, Fast Payment, the Highest Prices Online.