The iPhone 6 is a new model of the iPhone introduced after the iPhone 5c and the iPhone 5s. The iPhone 6 introduced numerous changes in both the smartphone’s hardware and software. This iPhone 6 model is sold both locked to Sprint and unlocked and without a SIM in the United States. It is also sold unlocked on a variety of carriers in the UK, Australia, France, Germany, Japan, Hong Kong, Singapore, and many other markets.
iPhone 6 Global/Sprint
Introduced on September 9, 2014.
- Processor Type: Apple A8.
- Onboard RAM: 1 GB.
- Storage Capacity: 16, 64, and 128 GB.
- OS: Pre-Installed OS: iOS 8.0 (12A365). Maximum OS: Current.
- Usage Time: Standby Time – 250 Hours. Up to 50 hours of audio playback. 14 hours of talk time on 3G. 10 hours of Internet use on 3G. 10 hours of Internet use on LTE. 11 hours of Internet use on Wi-Fi. 11 hours of video playback and 250 hours of standby time.
- Display: 4.7” display with 750 x 1334 resolution at 326 ppi.
- Connectivity: Built-in support for Wi-Fi. USB. Dock and headphone ports.
- Audio Support: AAC (8 to 320 Kbps). Protected AAC (from iTunes Store), He-AAC, MP3 (8 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 2,3,4, Audible Enhanced Audio, AAX, and AAX+), Apple Lossless, AIFF, and WAV.
- Rear Camera: Sony Exmor RS. 8-MP with 1.5 focus pixels.
- Front Camera: 1.2 MP (1280 x 960 px max).
- Video Support: H.264 video up to 1080p, 60 frames per second, High Profile level 4.2 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; MPEG-4 video up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) up to 35 Mbps, 1280 by 720 pixels, 30 frames per second, audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file format.
- Dimensions: 5.44 in height, 2.64 in width, 0.27 in depth.
- Average Weight: 4.55 oz.
- Accessories: Shipped with Apple EarPods headphones with Remote and Mic, Lightning to USB cable, and a USB power adapter.
- Battery: Lithium Ion battery. Non-removable Li-Po 1810 mAh.
- Color: Silver, Gold, Space Gray.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Order: MG6A2LL/A.
Apple Model Number: A1586.
Discontinuation: Still available.
Initial Price: US$199, US$299, US$399 with a two-year contract and locked to Sprint. Also originally sold contract-free and unlocked for US$649, US$749, or US$849.
- Following Apple’s loss in smartphone market share to companies producing phones with larger displays, Apple decided to launch new iPhone models with larger, 4.7-inch and 5.5-inch displays. Reports prior to its unveiling also speculated that Apple might use a new iPhone model to introduce a mobile payments platform using near-field communications – a technology that has been incorporated into many Android phones, but has experienced a low adoption rate among users. The iPhone 6 was thus officially unveiled during a press event at the Flint Center for Performing Arts in Cupertino, California on September 9, 2014 and released on September 19, 2014. Pre-orders began on September 12, 2014, with the iPhone 6 starting at US$649 without a contract.
- In June 2016, Apple faced a potential sales ban in China, as Shenzhen Baili, a Chinese device maker, alleged that the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus infringed on its design patent.
- This iPhone 6 model is compatible with FDD-LTE bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 13, 17, 18, 19, 20, 25, 26, 28, 29 and TD-LTE bands 38, 39, 40 and 41 – also with both CDMA EV-DO and GSM connectivity.
- The iPhone 6 was moved to the mid-range spot in Apple’s iPhone lineup when the iPhone 6S and 6S Plus were released in September 2015.
- iPhone 6 model received generally positive reviews. After it had been launched, Re/code magazine called this version “the best smartphone you can buy”. TechRadar praised the iPhone 6’s brilliant design, improved battery life over the previous models, for its iOS 8 for being smarter and more intuitive than ever (according to TechRadar), along with the quality of its camera. However, there were also some negative reports: for example, the plastic antenna strips on the rear of the iPhone 6 were criticized for resulting in poor aesthetics. Its display was also critisized for having lower resolution and pixel density in comparison to other recent smartphones – including those with the same physical screen size as the iPhone 6, such as the HTC One, and for not having a sufficient justification for its significantly higher price in comparison to similar devices running Android or Windows Phone. The Verge magazine considered the iPhone 6 to be simply and cleanly designed in comparison to the 5s phone. According to the Veerge, the iPhone 6 still felt usable despite its larger size. Te magazine criticized however the antenna plastic, the protruding camera lens, which prevent the device from sitting flat without a case, the lack of additional optimization in the operating system for the bigger screen and other issues. Experts also noted various improvements in this model, such as performance, battery life, VoLTE support, and other tweaks. In conclusion, the iPhone 6 was defined by some experts as “good, even great, but there’s little about it that’s truly ambitious or truly moving the needle. It’s just a refinement of a lot of existing ideas into a much more pleasant package”.
- Looking where to sell your old and used iPhone 6 for the highest price online? Here’s the right place: We at iGotOffer.com buy old iPhones for top dollar cash! – Sell my old iPhone 6 online now. Free instant quote, free and fully insured shipping, fast and secure payment.
25+ Tips and Tricks for the iPhone 6. Published by sakitech on September 20, 2014. In this video sakitech shares over 25 tips and tricks for the iPhone 6. Whether you already own this device or want to get one, you will find these tips, tricks and features of the iPhone 6 very useful.