The iPhone SE (Special Edition) is a newly introduced model of the iPhone marketed as serving as a lower-cost replacement for the iPhone 5s, which was previously discontinued. This model has many hardware similarities with the iPhone 6s and it looks like Phone 5c.
Introduced on March 21, 2016 and released on March 31, 2016.
- Processor Type: Apple A9.
- Onboard RAM: 2 GB.
- Storage Capacity: 16, 64 GB.
- OS: Pre-installed OS: iOS 9.3. Maximum OS: Current.
- Usage Time: Up to 50 hours of audio playback, 14 hours of talk time on 3G, 12 hours of Internet use on 3G, 13 hours of Internet use on 4G/LTE, 13 hours of Internet use on Wi-Fi, 13 hours of video playback and 10 days of standby time.
- Display: 4” display with 540×1136 resolution at 326 ppi.
- Connectivity: Built-in support for Wi-Fi. USB. Lightning and Headphone ports.
- Audio Support: AAC (8 to 320 Kbps), Protected AAC (from iTunes Store), HE-AAC, MP3 (8 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 2, 3, 4, Audible Enhanced Audio, AAX, and AAX+), Apple Lossless, AIFF, and WAV.
- Rear Camera: Backlit Sony Exmor RS. 12 MP.
- Front Camera: 1.2 MP.
- Video Support: H.264 video up to 4K, 30 frames per second, High Profile level 4.2 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; MPEG-4 video up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; Motion JPEG (MJPEG) up to 35 Mbps, 1280 by 720 pixels, 30 frames per second, audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file format.
- Dimensions: 4.87 in height, 2.31 in width, 0.30 in depth.
- Average Weight: 3.99 oz.
- Accessories: Shipped with Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic, Lightning to USB cable, USB power adapter.
- Battery: Lithium Ion battery. Non-removable Li-Po 1624 mAh battery (6.21 Wh).
- Color: Silver, Space-gray, Gold, Rose-gold.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Order: MLLX2LL/A.
Apple Model Number: A1662.
Discontinuation: Still available.
Initial Price: US$399 (16GB), US$499 (64 GB).
- iPhone SE is faster than iPhone 5s, besides this light and compact, four-inch iPhone with Retina display has more features than the 5s. Indeed, it includes Siri and the camera software, such as Live Photos and more. With an easy-to-use interface and security at its core, iOS 9 has been designed to work on this iPhone, so even the simplest tasks are more fun. iPhone SE takes is crafted from bead-blasted aluminum for a satin-like finish. It has been designed to fit comfortably in user’s hand. Games and apps are incredibly immersive and rich.
- At the core of the Apple iPhone SE is the A9, the same advanced chip that’s in iPhone 6s. With 64‑bit desktop-class architecture, this chip brings speed and responsiveness. And with console-class graphics performance, your favorite games and apps are rich and immersive. Making it a mighty chip for maximum performance. Super-efficient M9 motion coprocessor is embedded directly into the A9 chip. It connects to the accelerometer, compass and gyroscope for a range of ﬁtness tracking capabilities, such as measuring your steps and distance. It also makes it easy to activate Siri by simply saying “Hey Siri,” without having to pick up your iPhone SE.
- The new model was introduced due to a large number of customers preferring the 4” screen to the 4.7/5.5” of the new iPhone 6 and 6 Plus.
- The new iPhone’s updated hardware and latest iOS resulted in improved processing speed and increased battery life along with a better quality camera and allowed the comfort of faster functioning hardware in combination with the iPhone 5s’ 4” screen.
- Live Photos feature brings still photos to life with sound and movement. To use Live Photos, the user can simply touch and hold anywhere on the 12-megapixel still and experience the moments just before and after it was taken, so the photos turn into living memories.
- FaceTime HD camera with Retina Flash allows the user to get beautiful selfies. The Retina display isn’t just a place to see your content – it’s a flash for the FaceTime HD camera. Powered by a custom display chip that allows the display to flash three times brighter than usual, the Retina Flash helps illuminate your selfies in low light and at night. And a True Tone flash matches the ambient light for more true-to-life colors and natural-looking skin tones.
- iCloud Photo Library stores every photo and video you take and keeps them up to date on all your devices. Any edits you make are automatically updated everywhere, so you can view a photo from last week or last year no matter where you are.
- Touch ID makes unlocking the iPhone SE simple and secure. After all, user’s fingerprint is the perfect password – no two are alike, and users always has it with them. Touch ID isn’t just for unlocking your phone. It also lets you use Apple Pay at over two million stores and within apps. In stores, just hold your iPhone near the reader with your finger on Touch ID and you’re done. Because your card details are never shared – or even stored on the iPhone – Apple Pay is a safer, more private way to pay.
- Users can browse the web, download apps and games, and stream video over 802.11ac Wi-Fi and LTE. And more LTE bands make iPhone SE better for worldwide roaming. iPhone SE also supports Voice over LTE and Wi-Fi calling for high-quality wideband calls. With Bluetooth technology, you can stay connected to your Apple Watch, external speakers and other devices.
- Te iPhone SE comes with a collection of essential apps right out of the box. Messages lets you send texts with photos, videos, links and more. Music makes it easy to access the entire Apple Music library along with your personal collection. With FaceTime you can make video calls from your iPhone to someone else’s iPhone, iPad or Mac. And Maps keeps you headed in the right direction with spoken turn-by-turn navigation, real-time traffic updates and a helpful Transit view.
- Fingerprints as the perfect password – Touch ID makes unlocking the iPhone SE secure and simple. Indeed, a fingerprint is the perfect password as no two fingerprints are alike. Touch ID also lets users use Apple Pay everywhere American Express contactless payments are accepted. Just hold the iPhone near the reader with a finger on Touch ID, and the transaction is done. The card details are never shared, They are not even stored on iPhone. That’s why Apple Pay is a safer way to pay.
- The new Apple iPhone 7 was introduced on September 7, 2016. It has new amazing features, updated software, and iOS 10, all of which resulted in improved processing speed and increased battery life along with a better quality cameras.
- Asking yourself where to sell your iPhone SE online for the best price? We at iGotOffer.com buy your used smartphone. Best prices, free instant quote, free and fully insured shipping, fast payment: Sell my iPhone SE online now!
iPhone SE Review by Marques Brownlee. Uploaded on April 4, 2016. iPhone SE is what happens when new meets old.