The iPod classic 5th Gen Enhanced was introduced instead of a much awaited iPod classic 6 on the 12th of September, 2006. It is also referred to as “iPod 5.5 Generation”. The 2.5 inch screen became up to 60% brighter and the user could adjust the brightness both in Settings menu and while watching video. The iPod classic 5th Gen Enhanced had 30 Gb or 80 Gb hard drive onboard and better battery life. Yet, it was true for photos slideshow and video playback while for music playback the battery life remained the same as in the previous model. Additional icons and a search function sum up the improvements in the model.
iPod Classic 5th Generation Enhanced
Introduced on September 12, 2006.
- Processor Speed: 80 MHz (x2)
- Processor Type: PP5021C
- Onboard RAM: 32 MB, 64 MB
- Song capacity: 30 GB (7500 songs in 128-Kbps AAC format) and 60 GB (15000 songs in 128-Kbps AAC format).
- Photo capacity: 25000
- Connectivity: USB, video, audio, dock, headphones.
- Mac support: Mac 10.3.9.
- Audio: A high output amplifier (60-mW), a standard 3.5-mm headphone jack. This model supports for the first time Audible format.
- Drive: 1.8” hard drive.
- Dimensions: 4.1 x 2.4 x 0.43.
- Average weight: 4.8 oz.
- Navigation: Click wheel
- Format: MP3
- Battery Type: lithium ion battery provides 14 hours of music playback for the 30 GB model and up to 20 hours for the 80 GB model.
- Battery Life for photos: 4 hours and 6 hours respectively
- Battery Life for videos: 3.5 hours and 6.5 hours respectively
- Display: The iPod classic (5G) models feature 2.5-inch (diagonal) QVGA transflective over 260,000 color LCD display (320×240, .156-mm dot pitch) with a “white LED” backlight.
- Colors: black, white.
- Accessories: Earbud headphones, USB 2.0 from the box. The Apple Remote (US$29), iPod Camera Connector (US$29), the universal dock (US$39) can be purchased separately.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Order: MA444LL/A for the 30Gb model in white, MA446LL/A for the 30Gb model in black, MA448LL/A for the 80 Gb model in white, MA450LL/A for the 60Gb model in black.
Apple Model No: A1136 (EMC 2065).
Discontinued: September 5, 2007.
Price: US $249 for 30Gb model, US $349 for 80Gb model.
- No more iTunes installation CD was bundled. The users were suggested to download the software from the Apple’s website.
- Among other features of the iPods classic 5th Gen we can mention gapless playback and iPod Games support. They became available for both 5th Gen and 5.5th Gen iPods due to a firmware update released at the same time. The models were being offered by slightly lower prices than the iPod classic 5th Gen.
- We Can Help You Save Money! Sell your old iPod classic online – Check our prices. The highest prices online, instant quote, free shipping. Sell iPod online now!