There were two iPod classic Color Display models to offer: a 20 GB or 60 GB model. The 60 Gb model was just the renamed version of the iPod Photo with revised software. The changes included the function of bookmarking within the podcast menu and the ability to display colored podcasts artworks. The 20 GB model stepped in place of the previous 20GB standard model and the 30GB iPod photo. Thus Apple merged two iPod lines in one, reasonably dropping the price in the process. That was the double win, for users could get a color-screened model with photo features for a monochrome price. The iPod classic Color Display supported viewing the photos to a music, displaying them on the external display or NV via an AV cable or dock (sold separately). Images from a digital cam can also be viewed on iPod immediately via the iPod Camera Connector (optional).
iPod Classic Color Display
Introduced on June 28, 2005.
- Processor Speed: 80 MHz (x2).
- Processor Type: PP5020.
- Onboard RAM: 32 MB.
- Storage capacity: 20 GB (5000 songs in 128-Kbps AAC format, 20000 photos) and 60 GB (15000 songs in 128-Kbps AAC format, 25000 photos).
- Connectivity: Firewire, USB (sync and charge), dock, headphones.
- Mac support: Mac 10.1.5.
- Audio: A high output amplifier (60-mW), a standard 3.5-mm headphone jack. This model supports for the first time Audible format.
- Drive: 1.8” hard drive.
- Dimensions: 4.1 x 2.4 x 0.57.
- Average weight: .5.6 oz.
- Navigation: Click wheel
- Format: MP3
- Battery Type: Lithium ion battery provides 12 hours of music playback.
- Display: The iPod classic (4G) models has 2-inch (diagonal) grayscale LCD with blue-white LED backlight”. 0.24-mm dot pitch.
- Color: White.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation
Apple Order: N\A.
Apple Model No: A1099 (EMC 2022).
Discontinued : October 12, 2005.
- Cut back in prices also meant cut back in accessories. Only earbuds, a USB 2.0 cable, and an AC adapter were bundled with the 20 GB model.
- The 20 Gb model of iPod classic Color Display was said to be shipped without the latest update in software concerning iTunes 4.9.
- You can trade in your used iPod classic for fast cash at iGotOffer: Sell your iPod classic now!