The iPod nano, a portable player to fit a clock pocket on your jeans, starts the latest line-up of Apple’s iPods. From the iPod mini this player takes a small ClickWheel while in all the other features it is similar to the iPod color display. Put in a steel case with a 1.5 inch 16-bit color backlit LCD display the iPod nano 1st Gen player supports the photos playback but lacks a video out. The player doesn’t support the iPod Camera Connector either or any third-party solution. Thus, the small iPod screen is the only view option for a user. The iPod nano 1st gen is available in two colors – “ibook white” and jet black – and in three capacity models. Brand new software features includes a screen lock, a stopwatch, and a world clock. The battery provides up to 14 hours of music playback and up to 4 hours of photo slideshows synchronized to music.
iPod Nano 1 GB, 2 GB, 4 GB
Introduced on September 7, 2005.
- Processor Speed: 80 MHz (x2).
- Processor Type: PP5021C.
- Onboard RAM:
- Storage capacity: 1 GB, 2 GB, 4 GB.
- Display: 1.5-inch (diagonal) LED backlit color LCD, 176 x 132 (.168-mm dot pitch).
- Connectivity: USB, FireWire.
- Mac support: Mac 10.3.4.
- Dimensions: 3.5 x 1.6 x 0.27.
- Average weight: 1.5 oz.
- Navigation: Click wheel with pressure sensitive buttons under it.
- Format: MP3.
- Battery Type: Lithium ion battery provides 14 hours of playback.
- Colors: iBook white, jet black.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation
Apple Order: MA004LL/A.
Apple Model No: A1137 (EMC 2066).
Discontinued: September 12, 2006.
Original price: $149, $199, $249 (depending on different factors).
- A product from the pre-touch era, the first Nano is nevertheless highly appreciated by users. It sounds nice and has a scratch proof case. Its plastic display though is easy to scratch, but it never influences the functionality.
Learn more about Apple products:
- Sell your used iPod nano and any other iDevice you don’t need anymore to iGotOffer for the best price online! : Sell iPod nano online now.