The iPod nano 2nd Gen is almost identical to the previous generation model. It has a flash memory and an aluminum case thus being a hybrid between the iPod nano 1st gen and the iPod mini 2nd gen. As to hardware, the crucial improvement was boosting the battery life up to 24 hours. The display also became brighter or as Apple put it, more vibrant. As to software, Apple engineers improved the search engine. Video playback remained unavailable. The iPod nano 2nd gen is offered in three models of different capacities and colors. The 8 GB model is available only in black and the 2 GB model – in silver, while the 4 GB model is offered in silver, blue, green and pink. Later, 4 GB and 8 GB models were launched in red casings.
iPod Nano 2nd Gen 2 GB, 4 GB, 8 GB
Introduced on September 12, 200.
- Processor Type: Samsung ARM.
- Storage capacity: 2 GB, 4 GB, 8 GB.
- Display: 1.5-inch (diagonal) LED backlit color LCD, 176 x 132 (.168-mm dot pitch).
- Connectivity: USB.
- Mac support: Mac 10.3.9.
- Dimensions: 3.5 x 1.6 x 0.26.
- Average weight: 1.41 oz.
- Navigation: Click wheel with pressure sensitive buttons under it.
- Format: MP3.
- Battery Type: Lithium ion battery provides 24 hours of playback.
- Colors: Silver, black, blue, green, pink, red.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Prices
Apple Order: MA477LL/A.
Apple Model No: A1199 (EMC 2115).
Discontinued: September 5, 2007.
Price: US$149, $199, $249.
- The player has a scratch proof case, which is the blessing for to active or clumsy users.
- To use some features, advertised by Apple, a user has to buy some extra devices. Thus, to listen an FM radio a user has to buy an Apple Radio Remote ($ 49) and to make a voice record a user has to buy Belkin’s tiny TuneTalk Stereo ($69.99) which augmented the initial price of the device.
- Trade in your used iPod nano for fast cash at iGotOffer: We buy old Apple iDevices for cash. Instant quote, free shipping, fast payment: iPod nano for sale.