The iPod nano RED Special Edition is identical to the iPod nano 2nd. As to hardware, the crucial improvement was boosting the battery life up to 24 hours. The display also became brighter or as Apple put it, more vibrant. As to software, Apple engineers improved the search engine. Videoplayback remained unavailable. Apple declared, that the package weight was also 32% reduced within the environmental conscious politics of the company.
iPod Nano 2nd Gen Red, 4 GB, 8 GB
Introduced on October 13, 2006.
- Processor Type: Samsung ARM.
- Storage capacity: 2 GB, 4 GB, 8 GB.
- Display: 1.5-inch (diagonal) LED backlit color LCD, 176×132 (.168-mm dot pitch).
- Connectivity: USB.
- Mac support: Mac 10.3.9.
- Dimensions: 3.5 x 1.6 x 0.26.
- Average weight: 1.41 oz.
- Navigation: Click wheel with pressure sensitive buttons under it.
- Format: MP3.
- Battery Type: Lithium ion battery provides 24 hours of playback.
- Color: Red.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Order: MA725LL/A.
Apple Model No: A1199 (EMC 2115).
Discontinued: September 5, 2007.
Price: US$149, $249.
- The player has a scratch proof case, which is the blessing for to active or clumsy users.
- To use some features, advertised by Apple, a user has to buy some extra devices. Thus, to listen an FM radio a user has to buy an Apple Radio Remote ($ 49) and to make a voice record a user has to buy Belkin’s tiny TuneTalk Stereo ($69.99) which augmented the initial price of the device.
- Where to sell used iPod nano? Trade in your old gadget at iGotOffer for cash. Free shipping, fast payment: Sell my iPod nano.