The iPod classic Photo 30 Gb was the revised 40Gb and 60 Gb iPod models. Fist, Apple dropped the capital P in “Photo”. Second, they gave her a smaller hard drive and a slimmer casing. The iPod classic Photo 30 Gb shares the casing material (i.e. stainless back), the Click Wheel, the 2-inch color LCD display with the previous models of the 4th Gen family. It is capable to playback photo to a synchronized music and on external displays, TV, etc. It offers 15 hours of music playback and 5 hours of slideshows but the skip protection is reduced as compared to previous models.
iPod Photo 30 Gb
Introduced on February 23, 2005.
- Processor Speed: 80 MHz (x2).
- Processor Type: PP5020.
- Onboard RAM: 32 MB.
- Storage capacity: 30 GB (7500 songs in 128-Kbps AAC format, 25000 photos).
- Connectivity: Firewire, USB (sync and charge), dock, headphones.
- Mac support: Mac 10.2.8.
- Audio: A high output amplifier (60-mW), a standard 3.5-mm headphone jack. This model supports for the first time Audible format.
- Drive: 1.8” hard drive.
- Dimensions: 4.1 x 2.4 x 0.63.
- Average weight: .5.9 oz.
- Navigation: Click wheel
- Format: MP3
- Battery Type: Provides 5 hours of music playback.
- Display: The iPod Photo models has 2-inch (diagonal) 65,536 color LCD with an LED backlight.
- Colors: white.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation
Apple Order: N\A.
Apple Model No: A1099 (EMC 2022).
Discontinued : June 28, 2005.
- The iPod classic photo 30 Gb model was being offered at a lower price, but a lot of accessories from the box are missing, including the dock. The AV cable is also gone, so keep in mind to buy these things separately.
- Don’t forget to sell your old iPod photo and save money for a new electronic device: Sell my iPod photo to iGotOffer.com for the best price online.