The iPod shuffle 2nd Gen color player of late 2008 is identical to the iPod color shuffle 2nd gen in everything except colors. Apple brought back the bright colors of early 2007: The sole 1 Gb model in an aluminum case is half the size of the previous model and the size of the Apple Remote Control. It has a built-in clip for comfortable wear. The control buttons (power\shuffle\not shuffle) are separated to avoid an accidental clicking. As for the software, the iPod shuffle 2nd gen is formatted in FAT32 and can’t support Apple Lossless playback due to low processing power. The device also lost the USB stick and the connectivity is provided via a headphone jack-USB piece of hardware to charge and load.
iPod Shuffle 2nd Gen Color (Late 2008) 1 Gb, 2 Gb
Introduced on September 9, 2008.
- Processor Type: Samsung ARM.
- Storage capacity: 1 GB, 2 GB.
- Connectivity: USB.
- Mac support: Mac 10.3.9.
- Dimensions: 1.62 x 1.07 x 0.41.
- Average weight: 0.55 oz.
- Navigation: Four buttons on the front to navigate the playlist. The battery level indicator on the reverse.
- Format: MP3.
- Battery Type: Lithium ion battery provides 12 hours of playback.
- Colors: Silver, orange, pink, blue, green.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation
Apple Order: MB815LL/A.
Apple Model No: A1204 (EMC 2125).
Discontinued: September 9, 2009.
How to Organize Music on Your iPod Shuffle
Using iTunes, you can organize songs and other items into lists, called playlists, in any way you want. For example, you can make playlists with songs to listen to while exercising or playlists with songs for a particular mood.
You can also make Smart Playlists that update automatically based on rules you choose. When you add songs to iTunes that match the rules, they automatically get added to the Smart Playlist. You can make as many playlists as you like using any of the songs in your iTunes library.
To make a playlist in iTunes:
- Click the Add (+) button or choose File > New Playlist.
- Type a name for the playlist.
- Click Music in the LIBRARY list, and then drag a song or other item to the playlist. To select multiple songs, hold down the Shift key or the Command key on a Mac, or the Shift key or the Control key on a Windows PC, as you click each song.
To make a Smart Playlist:
- Choose File > New Smart Playlist and define the rules for your playlist.
Loading Music onto iPod Shuffle
After your music is imported and organized in iTunes, you can easily load it onto iPod shuffle.
You set how music is loaded from iTunes onto iPod shuffle by connecting iPod shuffle to your computer, selecting iPod shuffle in the Source pane, and configuring options at the bottom of the Contents pane. Additional options for loading music and using iPod shuffle appear in the Settings pane.
Autofilling iPod Shuffle
iTunes can automatically load a selection of your songs onto iPod shuffle with the click of a button. You can choose your entire library or a specific playlist to gets songs from, and set other options for Autofill.
To autofill music onto iPod shuffle:
- Connect iPod shuffle to the computer.
- Select iPod shuffle from the list of devices in the Source pane.
- Click the Contents tab.
- Choose the playlist you want to autofill from using the pop-up menu. To autofill music from your entire library, choose Music.
- Select which of the following options you want: Choose items randomly: iTunes shuffles the order of songs as it loads them onto iPod shuffle. If this option is not selected, iTunes downloads songs in the order they appear in your library or selected playlist. Choose higher rated items more often: iTunes autofills the songs you listen to most. Replace all items when Autofilling: iTunes replaces the songs on iPod shuffle with the new songs you’ve chosen. If this option is not selected, songs you’ve already loaded onto iPod shuffle remain and iTunes selects more songs to fill the available space.
- Click Autofill. While music is being loaded from iTunes onto iPod shuffle, the iTunes status window shows the progress. When the autofill is done, a message in iTunes says “iPod update is complete.”
Limiting Autofill to Items Checked in Your iTunes Library
You can set iTunes to autofill only items that are checked in your iTunes library. Items that you’ve deselected will be ignored.
To limit autofill to checked items:
- Connect iPod shuffle to your computer.
- When iPod shuffle appears in the iTunes window, select it.
- Click the Settings tab.
- Select “Only update checked songs.”
- Click Apply.
How to Load Songs, Audiobooks and Podcasts Manually
You can load songs and playlists onto iPod shuffle manually. If you want to load audiobooks and podcasts onto iPod shuffle, you must load them manually.
To load a song or other item onto iPod shuffle:
- Connect iPod shuffle to your computer.
- In iTunes, select your library or a playlist in the Source pane.
- Drag the song or other item to the iPod shuffle in the Source pane.
- You can also drag entire playlists to load them onto iPod shuffle.
- In June 2009, Avon offered a gold iPod shuffle 2nd Gen in bundle with two ANEW skin care products.
- The second generation of iPods shuffle is less susceptible to the blinking light problem, yet it remained in earlier models.
- The device doesn’t work with iPod accessories that require a 30-pin dock connector.
- Sell you old iPod shuffle online effortlessly and fast for the best price online. At iGotOffer, we buy old iPods shuffle for top dollar, instant free quote, free shipping, fast payment: iPod sale.
iPod Shuffle 2nd Generation unboxing. Video uploaded by TechQuickProductions, on April 29, 2015.