The iPod shuffle 2nd Gen color player of late 2008 is identical to the iPod color shuffle 2nd gen in everything except colors. Apple brought back the bright colors of early 2007: The sole 1 Gb model in an aluminum case is half the size of the previous model and the size of the Apple Remote Control. It has a built-in clip for comfortable wear. The control buttons (power\shuffle\not shuffle) are separated to avoid an accidental clicking. As for the software, the iPod shuffle 2nd gen is formatted in FAT32 and can’t support Apple Lossless playback due to low processing power. The device also lost the USB stick and the connectivity is provided via a headphone jack-USB piece of hardware to charge and load.
iPod Shuffle 2nd Gen Color (Late 2008) 1 Gb, 2 Gb
Introduced on September 9, 2008.
- Processor Type: Samsung ARM.
- Storage capacity: 1 GB, 2 GB.
- Connectivity: USB.
- Mac support: Mac 10.3.9.
- Dimensions: 1.62 x 1.07 x 0.41.
- Average weight: 0.55 oz.
- Navigation: Four buttons on the front to navigate the playlist. The battery level indicator on the reverse.
- Format: MP3.
- Battery Type: Lithium ion battery provides 12 hours of playback.
- Colors: Silver, orange, pink, blue, green.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation
Apple Order: MB815LL/A.
Apple Model No: A1204 (EMC 2125).
Discontinued: September 9, 2009.
- In June 2009, Avon offered a gold iPod shuffle 2nd Gen in bundle with two ANEW skin care products.
- The second generation of iPods shuffle is less susceptible to the blinking light problem, yet it remained in earlier models.
- The device doesn’t work with iPod accessories that require a 30-pin dock connector.
- Sell you old iPod shuffle online effortlessly and fast for the best price online. At iGotOffer, we buy old iPods shuffle for top dollar, instant free quote, free shipping, fast payment: iPod sale.