The iPod touch MC 2nd gen has a new jailbreak-proof bootrom, at least, Apple engineers declared it to be. Other than that, the MC model is identical to the ordinary iPod touch 2nd gen and the only way to tell the difference is to look up the model number. Apple corporation change В to C, that’s where MC in the model title is from. The model got a different marketing as well. Rather than a portable player, the iPod touch 2nd gen was advertised as the smallest portable PC with web access and the gaming device. Due to that fact, some vendors marketed this iPod as the third generation model, which is completely wrong. The iPod touch 2nd gen mimics iPhone 3G with its chromed steel back and rounded corners but lacks cellular mode, A-GPS and in-built camera. It’s thicker but lighter than the iPod touch 1st gen and sports a silver front trim. The player shares the same multi-touch 3.5 screen with 320 x 480 resolution, an accelerometer to automatically adjust the screen either in portrait or in landscape mode, a light sensor to tweak screen brightness and an integrated Wi-Fi (802.11b/g) module. An external volume control and an integrated speaker have been added to the device, but the microphone is built in the Apple Earphones with Remote and Mic. The battery life was enhanced up to 36 hours of music playback and 6 hours of video playback. The iPod touch 2nd gen shares the OS with the iPhone and has a lot of iPhone features and apps in a bundle: Safari web browser, YouTube, calendar, contacts, clock, calculator, email, stocks, notes and weather as well as telltale iPod features: Genius playlists maker and a shake-to- “shuffle” function plus Nike+ Kit support. Keep in mind though, that iPod 2nd gen lacks the GSM module and is not capable of geo position when off wi-fi network.
iPod Touch MC 2nd Gen (Late 2009 / MC) 8 GB (Jailbreak-proof)
Introduced on September 9, 2009.
- Processor Speed: 533 MHz.
- Processor Type: Samsung ARM.
- Processor Core: 1.
- Onboard RAM: 128 MB.
- Storage capacity: 8 GB.
- Display: 3.5″ color TFT display (320 x 480, 163 ppi).
- Connectivity: USB, wi-fi, Bluetooth.
- Wireless standard: 802.11b/g.
- Bluetooth: 2.1+EDR.
- OS installed: iPhone OS 2.0.
- Max. OS upgrade: iPhone OS 4.2.1 (multitasking is not supported).
- Mac support: MacOS X 10.4.10.
- Dimensions: 4.3 x 2.4 x 0.33.
- Average weight: 4.05 oz.
- Navigation: Multitouch screen.
- Format: MP3.
- Battery Type: Battery provides 36 hours (music), 6 hours (video).
- Color: Black.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Order: MC086LL/A, Apple Model No: A1288 (EMC 2341),
Discontinued: September 1, 2010.
- The iPod touch 2nd gen is compatible with third-party accessories, such as AV docks, external speakers and battery packs.
- For the Touch Genius app to work on the player the same function should be turned on in your desktop iTunes app.
- The integrated speaker is average by all means and the Safari browser doesn’t support Flash video and audio content.
- You can always trade in your old iPod touch for fast cash at iGotOffer. We buy your old iPod touch and any other used consumer electronics, get free instant quote!: Used iPod touch for sale.