The iPod touch 5th gen with no iSight camera entered the market quietly in 2013. It was the entry level device, shrunk in capacity (down to 16 GB) as well as in functionality. The iPod touch 5th gen lacks a 5-megapixel rear “iSight” camera and an iPod loop. Its’ look is also inconspicuous. The iPod touch of 2013 has a silver aluminum back and a black front. Apart from that and new identifiers the device is identical to other iPods 5th gen. Every iPod touch 5th gen model features a 4″ widescreen multi-touch IPS Retina display (1136 x 640, 326 ppi), Bluetooth 4.0 and 802.11n Wi-Fi embracing both the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequencies. The software has been also enhanced embracing Siri and AirPlay. All those features are backed up by a 1 GHz dual-core A5 processor and 512 MB of RAM. The battery supported 40 hours of music playback and 8 hours of video playback.
iPod Touch 5th Gen (No iSight) 16 GB
Introduced on May 30, 2013.
- Processor Speed: 1.0 GHz.
- Processor Type: Apple A5.
- Processor Core: 2.
- Onboard RAM: 512 MB.
- Storage capacity: 32 GB, 64 GB.
- Display: 4″ retina display (1136 x 640, 326 ppi).
- Connectivity: USB, wi-fi, Bluetooth.
- Wireless standard: 802.11n 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz.
- Bluetooth: 4.0.
- OS installed: iOS 6.0. Max. OS upgrade: iOS 9.x).
- Mac support: MacOS X 10.6.8.
- Dimensions: 4.86 x 2.31 x 0.24.
- Average weight: 3.10 oz.
- Navigation: Multitouch screen.
- Format: MP3.
- Battery Type: Battery provides 40 hours (music), 8 hours (video)
- Color: Silver-black.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Order: ME643LL/A.
Apple Model No: A1509 (EMC 2676).
Discontinued: June 26, 2014.
- The model lacks the iPod loop and the iSight camera. Obviously, this economy model was meant for owners of iPhones and iPads, who didn’t need just another cam.
- Do you want to switch to a new device? Save money by selling your old iPod touch to iGotOffer for cash: Used iPod touch for sale.