The Mac mini Core 2 Duo / 2.26 is the build-to-order configuration of the Core 2 Duo / 2.0 introduced in March, 2009. They share all the hardware but the processor. The outer design remained the same: it’s a cuboid casing with an external power unit and a slot-loaded optical disk drive. The Mac mini Core 2 Duo / 2.26 (early 2009) has two iterations and features a 2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo (P8400) processor, 1 GB or 2 GB of RAM (PC2-5300), a 120 GB or 320 GB Ultra ATA/100 hard drive (5400 RPM), an 8X double-layer SuperDrive and GeForce 9400M graphics with 128 MB or 256 MB of integrated memory. The net top has a mini-DVI and Mini DisplayPort video out, five USB 2.0 ports and one Firewire 800 port, a built-in mono-speaker, an audio-out mini-jack and an audio line-in/digital audio input. As for the wireless, the Mac mini Core 2 Duo / 2.26 has standard to AirPort Extreme (802.11a/b/g/n) and Bluetooth 2.1+EDR. The cooling system is fanless. The Mac mini Core 2 Duo / 2.26 is shipped without a display, a keyboard and a mouse.
Mac Mini Core 2 Duo / 2.26 (Early 2009) BTO \ CTO
Introduced on: March 3, 2009.
- Processor Speed: 2.26 GHz.
- Processor Architecture: 64-bit.
- Processor Upgrade: Soldered.
- Processor type: Intel Core 2 Duo (P8400 “Penryn”).
- Cores: 2.
- On-Board RAM: DDR2 1 GB \ 2 GB, 667 MHz.
- Max. RAM supported: DDR2 8 GB.
- Graphics: GeForce 9400M with 128 MB or 256 MB of integrated memory.
- Dual display support: Yes.
- Resolution Support: 1920 x 1200.
- Storage: 120 GB \ 320 GB, 5400-rpm Ultra ATA-100 up to 160 GB Hard Drive Supported.
- Input\Output: 5 x USB 2.0, Firewire 800, built-in mono-speaker, audio-out mini-jack, audio line-in/digital audio input, Mini-DVI and Mini DisplayPort video out.
- Optical drive: 8X double-layer “SuperDrive”.
- Internet \ Wireless connection: 10/100 BASE-T Ethernet, optional 56k V.92 modem, AirPort Extreme Broadcom 802.11a/b/g/ n, Bluetooth 2.1+EDR.
- Preinstalled OS: X 10.5.6 (9G2030)” Leopard”.
- OS max. upgrade: 10.7.5 “Lion”.
- Dimensions: 2.0 x 6.5 x 6.5 inch maximum.
- Weight: 2.9 lb.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Model No: A1283 (EMC 2264).
Apple Order number: BTO \ CTO.
Discontinued: October 20, 2009.
Price: $599. $799.
- Since the Mac mini is designed to complement with whatever display the user has, two display-connection options come in very handy. And what’s more, both connectors can be used simultaneously, as the graphics support two displays at the same time in either mirrored or extended-desktop mode.
- Use the Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI Adapter to plug your Mac mini of early 2009 to the Apple Cinema Display 30 inch (Aluminum).
- The best way to get rid of your old Mac mini. Selling it online for the best price. We at iGotOffer buy used Mac mini, the condition doesn’t matter. We pay the highest price online for your old electronics: Sell your Mac mini now, we pay top dollar for your old model.
Unboxing Mac Mini (Late 2009). Video uploaded by SuperAppleChannel, on February 12, 2010.