The Mac mini “Core 2 Duo ” / 2.26 is the build-to-order configuration of the “Core 2 Duo ” / 2.0 introduced in March, 2009. They share all the hardware but the processor. The outer design remained the same: it’s a cuboid casing with an external power unit and a slot-loaded optical disk drive. The Mac mini “Core 2 Duo” / 2.26 (early 2009) has two iterations and features a 2.0 GHz Intel “Core 2 Duo ” (P8400) processor, 1 GB or 2 GB of RAM (PC2-5300), a 120 GB or 320 GB Ultra ATA/100 hard drive (5400 RPM), an 8X double-layer “SuperDrive” and GeForce 9400M graphics with 128 MB or 256 MB of integrated memory. The net top has a mini-DVI and Mini DisplayPort video out, five USB 2.0 ports and one Firewire 800 port, a built-in mono-speaker, an audio-out mini-jack and an audio line-in/digital audio input. As for the wireless, the Mac mini “Core 2 Duo” / 2.26 has standard to AirPort Extreme (802.11a/b/g/n) and Bluetooth 2.1+EDR. The cooling system is fanless. The Mac mini “Core 2 Duo” / 2.26 is shipped without a display, a keyboard and a mouse.
Mac Mini “Core 2 Duo” / 2.26 (Early 2009) BTO \ CTO
Introduced on: March 3, 2009.
- Processor Speed: 2.26 GHz.
- Processor Architecture: 64-bit.
- Processor Upgrade: Soldered.
- Processor type: Intel “Core 2 Duo” (P8400 “Penryn”).
- Cores: 2.
- On-Board RAM: DDR2 1 GB \ 2 GB, 667 MHz.
- Max. RAM supported: DDR2 8 GB.
- Graphics: GeForce 9400M with 128 MB or 256 MB of integrated memory.
- Dual display support: Yes.
- Resolution Support: 1920×1200.
- Storage: 120 GB \ 320 GB, 5400-rpm Ultra ATA-100 up to 160 GB Hard Drive Supported.
- Input\Output: 5 x USB 2.0, Firewire 800, built-in mono-speaker, audio-out mini-jack, audio line-in/digital audio input, Mini-DVI and Mini DisplayPort video out.
- Optical drive: 8X double-layer “SuperDrive”.
- Internet \ Wireless connection: 10/100 BASE-T Ethernet, optional 56k V.92 modem, AirPort Extreme Broadcom 802.11a/b/g/ n, Bluetooth 2.1+EDR.
- Preinstalled OS: X 10.5.6 (9G2030)” Leopard”.
- OS max. upgrade: 10.7.5 “Lion”.
- Dimensions: 2.0 x 6.5 x 6.5 inch maximum.
- Weight: 2.9 lb.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Model No: A1283 (EMC 2264).
Apple Order number: BTO \ CTO.
Discontinued: October 20, 2009.
Price: $599. $799.
- Since the Mac mini is designed to complement with whatever display the user has, two display-connection options come in very handy. And what’s more, both connectors can be used simultaneously, as the graphics support two displays at the same time in either mirrored or extende-desktop mode.
- Use the Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI Adapter to plug your Mac mini of early 2009 to the Apple Cinema Display 30 inch (Aluminum).
- The best way to get rid of your old Mac mini: Selling it online for the best price. We at iGotOffer buy used Mac mini, the condition doesn’t matter. We pay the highest price online for your old electronics.