The Mac mini “Core 2 Duo ” / 2.26 is the Intel Mac mini in a cuboid casing with an external power unit and a slot-loaded optical disk drive. The 2GB RAM has become standard, the VRAM has also been increased as well as the hard drive capacity. The Mac mini “Core 2 Duo” / 2.26 (late 2009) features a 2.26 GHz Intel “Core 2 Duo ” (P7550) processor, 2 GB of RAM (PC2-5300), a 160 GB Ultra ATA/100 hard drive (5400 RPM), an 8X double-layer “SuperDrive” and GeForce 9400M graphics with 256 MB of integrated memory. The net top has a mini-DVI and Mini DisplayPort video out, five USB 2.0 ports and one Firewire 800 port, a built-in mono-speaker, an audio-out mini-jack and an audio line-in/digital audio input. As for the wireless, the Mac mini “Core 2 Duo” / 2.26 (late 2009) has standard to AirPort Extreme (802.11a/b/g/n) and Bluetooth 2.1+EDR. The cooling system is fanless. The Mac mini “Core 2 Duo” / 2.26 is shipped without a display, a keyboard and a mouse.
Mac Mini “Core 2 Duo” / 2.26 (Late 2009)
Introduced on: October 20, 2009.
- Processor Speed: 2.26 GHz.
- Processor Architecture: 64-bit.
- Processor Upgrade: Soldered.
- Processor type: Intel “Core 2 Duo” (P7550 “Penryn”).
- Cores: 2.
- On-Board RAM: DDR2 2 GB, 667 MHz.
- Max. RAM supported: DDR2 8 GB.
- Graphics: GeForce 9400M with 256 MB of integrated memory.
- Dual display support: Yes.
- Resolution Support: 2560×1600.
- Storage: 160 GB, 5400-rpm Ultra ATA-100 up to 320 or 500 GB Hard Drive Supported.
- Input\Output: 5 x USB 2.0, Firewire 800, built-in mono-speaker, audio-out mini-jack, audio line-in/digital audio input, Mini-DVI and Mini DisplayPort video out.
- Optical drive: 8X double-layer “SuperDrive”.
- Internet \ Wireless connection: 10/100 BASE-T Ethernet, optional 56k V.92 modem, AirPort Extreme Broadcom 802.11a/b/g/ n, Bluetooth 2.1+EDR.
- Preinstalled OS: X 10.6 (10A432)” Snow Leopard”.
- OS max. upgrade: 10.11.x “El Capitan” (requires 2 GB).
- Dimensions: 2.0 x 6.5 x 6.5 inch maximum.
- Weight: 2.9 lb.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Model No: A1283 (EMC 2336).
Apple Order number: MC238LL/A.
Discontinued: June 15, 2010.
- This Mac mini is one of the most efficient net-tops, consuming less than 13 Watts of power at idle. Its package is produced of recycled paper.
- Sell your old Mac mini online now! We pay the best price on the online market for secondhand electronic devices.