The Mac mini Core 2 Duo / 2.4 is the Intel Mac mini in a cuboid aluminum casing with an internal power unit, a slot-loaded optical disk drive and a black plastic removable panel on the bottom to provide an access to upgradable RAM. The fifth USB port has been ditched for an SD (SDXC) card slot. This design is in line with Macbooks and aluminum Mac minis also have a moniker unibody. The Mac mini “Core 2 Duo” / 2.4 (mid-2010) features a 2.4GHz Intel “Core 2 Duo ” (P8600) processor, 2 GB of RAM (PC2-5300), a 320 GB Ultra ATA/100 hard drive (5400 RPM), an 8X double-layer “SuperDrive” and GeForce 320M graphics with 256 MB of integrated memory. The net top has a mini-HDMI and Mini DisplayPort video out, four USB 2.0 ports and one Firewire 800 port, a built-in mono-speaker, an audio-out mini-jack and an audio line-in/digital audio input. As for the wireless, the Mac mini “Core 2 Duo” / 2.4has standard to AirPort Extreme (802.11a/b/g/n) and Bluetooth 2.1+EDR. The cooling system is fanless. The Mac mini “Core 2 Duo” / 2.4is shipped without a display, a keyboard and a mouse.
Mac Mini Core 2 Duo / 2.4 (Mid-2010)
Introduced on: June 15, 2010.
- Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz.
- Processor Architecture: 64-bit.
- Processor Upgrade: Soldered.
- Processor type: Intel “Core 2 Duo” (P8600 “Penryn”).
- Cores: 2.
- On-Board RAM: DDR2 2 GB, 667 MHz.
- Max. RAM supported: DDR2 16 GB.
- Graphics: GeForce 320M with 256 MB of integrated memory.
- Dual display support: Yes.
- Resolution Support: 1920 x 1200.
- Storage: 320 GB, 5400-rpm Ultra ATA-100 up to 500 GB Hard Drive Supported.
- Input\Output: 4 x USB 2.0, Firewire 800, SD card reader, built-in mono-speaker, audio-out mini-jack, audio line-in/digital audio input, Mini-HDMI and Mini DisplayPort video out.
- Optical drive: 8X double-layer “SuperDrive”.
- SD-card reader: Yes.
- Internet \ Wireless connection: 10/100 BASE-T Ethernet, optional 56k V.92 modem, AirPort Extreme Broadcom 802.11a/b/g/ n, Bluetooth 2.1+EDR.
- Preinstalled OS: X 10.6.4 (10F2025)”Snow Leopard”.
- OS max. upgrade: 10.11.x “El Capitan” (requires 2 GB).
- Dimensions: 2.0 x 6.5 x 6.5 inch maximum.
- Weight: 2.9 lb.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Model No: A1347 (EMC 2364).
Apple Order number: MC270LL/A.
Discontinued: July 20, 2011.
- Aluminum casings are fabricated by Catcher Technology and assembled and finished by Foxconn and Quanta assemblers.
- You can always sell Mac mini to iGotOffer. We offer the best price online. Free instant shipping, free fully insured shipping, fast and secure payment: Mac mini for sale.