The Mac mini Core 2 Duo / 2.53 (server) is a revised server iteration of the Mac mini “Core 2 Duo ” / 2.53 (late 2009) and therefore lacks a slot-loaded optical disk drive. Other than that, its design is the same – a net-top in a cuboid casing with an external power unit. As for the hardware, the Mac mini “Core 2 Duo ” / 2.53 (server) has dual 500 GB hard drives and MacOS X 10.6 Snow Leopard Server aboard. The Mac mini “Core 2 Duo” / 2.53 (late 2009) features a 2.53 GHz Intel “Core 2 Duo ” (P8700) processor, 2 GB of RAM (PC2-5300), dual 500 GB Ultra ATA/100 hard drives (5400 RPM), an 8X double-layer “SuperDrive” and GeForce 9400M graphics with 256 MB of integrated memory. The net top has a mini-DVI and Mini DisplayPort video out, five USB 2.0 ports and one Firewire 800 port, a built-in mono-speaker, an audio-out mini-jack and an audio line-in/digital audio input. As for the wireless, the Mac mini “Core 2 Duo” / 2.53 has standard to AirPort Extreme (802.11a/b/g/n) and Bluetooth 2.1+EDR. The cooling system is fanless. The Mac mini “Core 2 Duo” / 2.53 is shipped without a display, a keyboard and a mouse.
Mac Mini Core 2 Duo / 2.53 (Server)
Introduced on: October 20, 2009.
- Processor Speed: 2.53 GHz.
- Processor Architecture: 64-bit.
- Processor Upgrade: Soldered.
- Processor type: Intel “Core 2 Duo” (P8700 “Penryn”).
- Cores: 2.
- On-Board RAM: DDR2 2 GB, 667 MHz.
- Max. RAM supported: DDR2 8 GB.
- Graphics: GeForce 9400M with 256 MB of integrated memory.
- Dual display support: Yes.
- Resolution Support: 1920 x 1200.
- Storage: 2x 500 GB, 5400-rpm Ultra ATA-100 up to 500 GB Hard Drive Supported.
- Input\Output: 5 x USB 2.0, Firewire 800, built-in mono-speaker, audio-out mini-jack, audio line-in/digital audio input, Mini-DVI and Mini DisplayPort video out.
- Optical drive: None.
- Internet \ Wireless connection: 10/100 BASE-T Ethernet, optional 56k V.92 modem, AirPort Extreme Broadcom 802.11a/b/g/ n, Bluetooth 2.1+EDR.
- Preinstalled OS: Server 10.6.1.
- OS max. upgrade: 10.11.x “El Capitan” (requires 2 GB).
- Dimensions: 2.0 x 6.5 x 6.5 inch maximum.
- Weight: 2.9 lb.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Model No: A1283 (EMC 2336).
Apple Order number: MC408LL/A.
Discontinued: June 15, 2010.
- The 500 GB drives can be replaced with SSD that increase the server life. The Mac Mini can run server under Ubuntu Server as well.
- Going to sell your old Mac mini? Check on our prices, we at iGotOffer pay the best price online for secondhand devices. Free instant quote, free fully insured shipping, fast payment: Sell Mac mini now!