The Mac mini Core 2 Duo / 2.66 (late 2009) is the build-to-order iteration of the Mac mini Core 2 Duo / 2.53 (late 2009) with a faster processor as the only difference. It is the Intel Mac mini in a cuboid casing with an external power unit and a slot-loaded optical disk drive. The Mac mini Core 2 Duo / 2.66 (late 2009) features a 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo (P8800) processor, 2 GB of RAM (PC2-5300), a 320 GB Ultra ATA/100 hard drive (5400 RPM), an 8X double-layer “SuperDrive” and GeForce 9400M graphics with 256 MB of integrated memory. The net top has a mini-DVI and Mini DisplayPort video out, five USB 2.0 ports and one Firewire 800 port, a built-in mono-speaker, an audio-out mini-jack and an audio line-in/digital audio input. As for the wireless, the Mac mini Core 2 Duo / 2.53 has standard to AirPort Extreme (802.11a/b/g/n) and Bluetooth 2.1+EDR. The cooling system is fanless. The Mac mini “Core 2 Duo” / 2.53 is shipped without a display, a keyboard and a mouse.
Mac Mini Core 2 Duo / 2.66 (Late 2009) BTO \ CTO
Introduced on: October 20, 2009.
- Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz.
- Processor Architecture: 64-bit.
- Processor Upgrade: Soldered.
- Processor type: Intel “Core 2 Duo” (P8800 “Penryn”).
- Cores: 2.
- On-Board RAM: DDR2 2 GB, 667 MHz.
- Max. RAM supported: DDR2 8 GB.
- Graphics: GeForce 9400M with 256 MB of integrated memory.
- Dual display support: Yes.
- Resolution Support: 1920 x 1200.
- Storage: 320 GB, 5400-rpm Ultra ATA-100 up to 500 GB Hard Drive Supported.
- Input\Output: 5 x USB 2.0, Firewire 800, built-in mono-speaker, audio-out mini-jack, audio line-in/digital audio input, Mini-DVI and Mini DisplayPort video out.
- Optical drive: 8X double-layer “SuperDrive”.
- Internet \ Wireless connection: 10/100 BASE-T Ethernet, optional 56k V.92 modem, AirPort Extreme Broadcom 802.11a/b/g/ n, Bluetooth 2.1+EDR.
- Preinstalled OS: X 10.6 (10A432)” Snow Leopard”.
- OS max. upgrade: 10.11.x “El Capitan” (requires 2 GB).
- Dimensions: 2.0 x 6.5 x 6.5 inch maximum.
- Weight: 2.9 lb.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Model No: A1283 (EMC 2336).
Apple Order number: BTO \ CTO.
Discontinued: June 15, 2010.
- Mac mini storage system supports SATA hard drives with 3 GB speed, so while graphics and CPU upgrades are out of question (unless you order them on Apple’s web-site), you can make up by installing a faster hard drive or an SSD. More than that! Removing the SuperDrive, you can get a space for the second hard disk or SSD! Since the SuperDrive also has a SATA interface you can plug in your second HDD with a third-party connector and start Raid-0 on your Mac mini.
- Trade in your old computer for top price at iGotOffer. We buy used Mac mini for the highest price online and help you save money for a new device: Sell my Mac mini for top dollar cash.
iMac (24-inch, 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, Winter 2009) first look. Video uploaded by Technetgate on March 6, 2009. You may find Apple’s new $1,499 iMac attractive, if only because it’s one of the most affordable 24-inch all-in-one PCs on the market. Otherwise, Apple’s latest update to the iMac line mostly serves to keep it competitive with its Windows-based competition.