The Mac mini Core 2 Duo / 2.66 (mid-2010, server) is a revised server iteration of the Mac mini Core 2 Duo / 2.66 (mid-2010 BTO \ CTO) and therefore lacks a slot-loaded optical disk drive. Other than that, its design is the same – a net-top in a cuboid aluminum casing with an internal power unit and a black plastic removable panel on the bottom to provide an access to upgradable RAM. As for the hardware, the Mac mini Core 2 Duo / 2.66 (mid-2010, server) has dual 500 GB hard drives and MacOS X 10.6 Snow Leopard Server aboard. The fifth USB port has been ditched for an SD (SDXC) card slot. This design is in line with Macbooks and aluminum Mac minis also have a moniker unibody. The Mac mini Core 2 Duo / 2.66 (mid-2010) features a 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo (P8800) processor, 4 GB of RAM (PC2-5300), two 500 GB Ultra ATA/100 hard drives and GeForce 320M graphics with 256 MB of integrated memory. The net top has a mini-HDMI and Mini DisplayPort video out, four USB 2.0 ports and one Firewire 800 port, a built-in mono-speaker, an audio-out mini-jack and an audio line-in/digital audio input. As for the wireless, the Mac mini Core 2 Duo / 2.66 (mid-2010, server) has standard to AirPort Extreme (802.11a/b/g/n) and Bluetooth 2.1+EDR. The cooling system is fanless. The Mac mini “Core 2 Duo” / 2.4is shipped without a display, a keyboard and a mouse.
Mac Mini Core 2 Duo / 2.66 (Mid-2010, Server)
Introduced on: June 15, 2010.
- Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz.
- Processor Architecture: 64-bit.
- Processor Upgrade: Soldered.
- Processor type: Intel Core 2 Duo (P8800 “Penryn”).
- Cores: 2.
- On-Board RAM: DDR2 4 GB, 667 MHz.
- Max. RAM supported: DDR2 16 GB.
- Graphics: GeForce 320M with 256 MB of integrated memory.
- Dual display support: Yes.
- Resolution Support: 1920 x 1200.
- Storage: 2x 500 GB, Ultra ATA-100 up to 500 GB Hard Drive Supported.
- Input\Output: 4 x USB 2.0, Firewire 800, SD card reader, built-in mono-speaker, audio-out mini-jack, audio line-in/digital audio input, Mini-HDMI and Mini DisplayPort video out.
- Optical drive: No.
- SD-card reader: Yes.
- Internet \ Wireless connection: 10/100 BASE-T Ethernet, optional 56k V.92 modem, AirPort Extreme Broadcom 802.11a/b/g/ n, Bluetooth 2.1+EDR.
- Preinstalled OS: Server 10.6.1.
- OS max. upgrade: 10.11.x “El Capitan” (requires 2 GB).
- Dimensions: 2.0 x 6.5 x 6.5 inch maximum.
- Weight: 2.9 lb.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Model No: A1347 (EMC 2364).
Apple Order number: BTO \ CTO.
Discontinued: July 20, 2011.
- Mac mini was an ideal solution for home or small business before TimeCapsule. The Snow Leopard Server supports both RAID 0 and RAID 1. See “RAIDS: Know how to back up your data on home servers”. But you have to keep in mind, that Mac mini is not a fully functional heavy-duty server and is prone to faults, especially caused by power failure or blackout, water or fire damage.
- Sell your Mac mini to iGotOffer now. Take a close look at the prices we offer: Best prices on online market. Free instant quote, free fully insured shipping, fast payment: Sell your Mac mini now.