The Mac mini “Core Duo ” / 1.83 is the Intel Mac mini in a cuboid casing with an external power unit and a slot-loaded optical disk drive. It has a double cored processor with 32-bit architecture. The Mac mini “Core Duo” / 1.83 features a 1.83 GHz Intel “Core Duo ” (T2400) processor, 512 MB of RAM (PC2-5300), an 80 GB Ultra ATA/100 hard drive (5400 RPM), a 2.4X double-layer “SuperDrive” and Intel GMA 950 graphics with 64 MB of integrated memory. The net top has a DVI video out, four USB 2.0 ports and one Firewire 400 port, a built-in mono-speaker, an audio-out mini-jack and an audio line-in/digital audio input. As for the wireless, the Mac mini “Core Duo” / 1.83 has standard to AirPort Extreme (802.11g) and Bluetooth 2.0+EDR. The cooling system is fanless. The Mac mini “Core Duo” / 1.83 is shipped without a display, a keyboard and a mouse, but with a DVI-to-VGA adapter and an Apple remote to go with Apple Front Row software.
Mac Mini “Core Duo” / 1.83
Introduced on: September 6, 2006.
- Processor Speed: 1.83 GHz.
- Processor Architecture: 32-bit.
- Processor Upgrade: ZIF Socket.
- Processor type: Intel “Core Duo” (T2400).
- Cores: 2.
- On-Board RAM: DDR2 512 MB, 667 MHz.
- Max. RAM supported: DDR2 2 GB.
- Graphics: Intel GMA 950 with 64 MB of integrated memory.
- Resolution Support: 1920×1200.
- Storage: 80 GB, 5400-rpm Ultra ATA-100 up to 128 GB Hard Drive Supported.
- Input\Output: 4x USB 2.0, Firewire 400, built-in mono-speaker, audio-out mini-jack, audio line-in/digital audio input, DVI video out.
- Optical drive: 2.4X double-layer “SuperDrive”.
- Internet \ Wireless connection: 10/100 BASE-T Ethernet, optional 56k V.92 modem, AirPort Extreme 802.11b/g, Bluetooth 2.0+EDR.
- Preinstalled OS: X 10.4.7 (8J2135) “Tiger”.
- OS max. upgrade: 10.6.8 “Snow Leopard”.
- Dimensions: 2.0 x 6.5 x 6.5 inch maximum.
- Weight: 2.9 lb.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Model No: A1176 (EMC 2108).
Apple Order number: MA608LL/A.
Discontinued: August 7, 2007.
- The processors in these models are socketed and can easily be upgraded to an Intel 64-bit Core 2 Duo. Here’s the list of compatible processors:
– 2.00 GHz Intel T7200 SL9SF,
– 2.16 GHz Intel T7400 SL9SE,
– 2.33 GHz Intel T7600 SL9SD.
- Mac mini is also compatible with Apple Cinema Display with DVI port.
- You can sell your old Mac mini online and save money for a new model. We at iGotOffer buy your old computers for the best price online. Free instant quote, free fully insured shipping, fast and secure payment.