The Mac mini Core i5 / 2.3 is the Intel Mac mini in a cuboid aluminum casing with an internal power unit and a black plastic removable panel on the bottom to provide an access to upgradable RAM. The Mac mini of mid-2011 lost its optical drive and Mini Display Port but got the Apple proprietal Thunderbolt port which is back compatible to MDP. The Bluetooth has been upgraded to 4.0 version. But the key revision is that of the processor – the innovative Intel Sandy Bridge. The Mac mini Core i5 / 2.3 (mid-2011) features a 2.4GHz Intel Core i5 (2415M) processor, 2 GB of RAM (PC2-10600), a 500 GB Ultra ATA/100 hard drive (5400 RPM) and Intel HD Graphics 3000 graphics with 288MB of integrated memory. The net top has an HDMI video out and a Thunderbolt port, four USB 2.0 ports and one Firewire 800 port, a built-in mono-speaker, an audio-out mini-jack and an audio line-in/digital audio input. As for the wireless, the Mac mini Core i5 / 2.3 has standard to AirPort Extreme (802.11a/b/g/n) and Bluetooth 4.0. The cooling system is fanless. The Mac mini Core i5 / 2.4is shipped without a display, a keyboard and a mouse.
Mac Mini Core i5 / 2.3 (Mid-2011)
Introduced on: July 20, 2011.
- Processor Speed: 2.3 GHz.
- Processor Architecture: 64-bit.
- Processor Upgrade: Soldered.
- Processor type: Intel “Core i5” (I5-2415M “Sandy Bridge”).
- Cores: 2.
- On-Board RAM: DDR2 2 GB, 1333 MHz.
- Max. RAM supported: DDR2 16 GB.
- Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 3000 with 288 MB of integrated memory.
- Dual display support: Yes.
- Resolution Support: 1920 x 1200.
- Storage: 500 GB, 5400-rpm Ultra ATA-100 up to 750 GB (7200 RPM) Hard Drive Supported.
- Input\Output: 4 x USB 2.0, Firewire 800, SD card reader, built-in mono-speaker, audio-out mini-jack, audio line-in/digital audio input, HDMI and Thunderbolt.
- Optical drive: optional external optical drive for an extra cost.
- SD-card reader: Yes.
- Internet \ Wireless connection: 10/100 BASE-T Ethernet, optional 56k V.92 modem, AirPort Extreme Broadcom 802.11a/b/g/ n, Bluetooth 4.0.
- Preinstalled OS: X 10.7 (11A2061) “Lion”.
- OS max. upgrade: 10.11.x “El Capitan” (requires 2 GB).
- Dimensions: 1.4 x 7.7 x 7.7 inch maximum.
- Weight: 2.7 lb.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Model No: A1347 (EMC 2442).
Apple Order number: MC815LL/A.
Discontinued: October 23, 2012.
- The Mac mini of mid-2011 is smaller and lighter than its predecessors. Thunderbolts supports not only displays but all the Thunderbolt peripherals. For instance, Western Digital My Book, Belkin Thunderbolt Express Dock.
- Trade in your used and old Mac mini for top cash at iGotOffer. Check on our new prices. We offer the best prices online for secondhand gadgets: Sell Mac mini now, save money for new device.
New Apple Mac mini (2011): Unboxing and Demo. Video published by DetroitBORG on July 21, 2011.