The Mac mini Core i5 / 2.5 (late 2012) is the Intel Mac mini in a cuboid sealed aluminum casing with an internal power unit, a Thunderbolt port, a removable panel on the bottom to provide an access to upgradable RAM and no internal optical drive. The line-up of late 2012 got the faster and more elaborate Intel Ivy Bridge processor and up-to-date USB 3.0 ports. The Mac mini Core i5 / 2.5 (late 2012) features a 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5 (3210M) processor, 4 GB of RAM (PC2-10600), a 500 GB Ultra ATA/100 hard drive (5400 RPM) and Intel HD Graphics 4000 graphics with 512 MB of integrated memory. The net top has an HDMI video out and a Thunderbolt port, four USB 3.0 ports and one Firewire 800 port, a built-in mono-speaker, an audio-out mini-jack and an audio line-in/digital audio input. As for the wireless, the Mac mini Core i5 / 2.5 (late 2012) has standard AirPort Extreme (802.11a/b/g/n) and Bluetooth 4.0. The cooling system is fanless. The Mac mini Core i5 / 2.5 (late 2012)is shipped without a display, a keyboard and a mouse.
Mac Mini Core i5 / 2.5 (Late 2012)
Introduced on: October 23, 2012.
- Processor Speed: 2.5 GHz.
- Processor Architecture: 64-bit.
- Processor Upgrade: Soldered.
- Processor type: Intel Core i5 (I5-3210M “Ivy Bridge”).
- Cores: 2.
- On-Board RAM: DDR3 4GB, 1600 MHz.
- Max. RAM supported: DDR3 16 GB.
- Graphics: Radeon HD 6630M with 256 MB of integrated memory.
- Dual display support: Yes.
- Resolution Support: 2560 x 1600.
- Storage: 500 GB, 5400-rpm Ultra ATA-100 up to 750 GB (7200 RPM) Hard Drive Supported.
- SSD support: Yes.
- Input\Output: 4 x USB 3.0, Firewire 800, SD card reader, built-in mono-speaker, audio-out mini-jack, audio line-in/digital audio input, HDMI and Thunderbolt.
- Optical drive: optional external optical drive for an extra cost.
- SD-card reader: Yes.
- Internet \ Wireless connection: 10/100 BASE-T Ethernet, optional 56k V.92 modem, AirPort Extreme Broadcom 802.11a/b/g/ n, Bluetooth 4.0.
- Preinstalled OS: X 10.8.1 (12B2080) “Mountain Lion”.
- OS max. upgrade: 10.11.x “El Capitan” (requires 2 GB).
- Dimensions: 1.4 x 7.7 x 7.7 inch maximum.
- Weight: 2.7 lb.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Model No: A1347 (EMC 2570).
Apple Order number: MD387LL/A.
Discontinued: October 16, 2014.
Mac Mini Most Important Features
Safari: The best way to surf the web on your Mac mini. Start by typing a search term or web address in the Smart Search field – it knows the difference and will send you to the right place. You can save pages to your Reading List to read later, and check out Shared Links for pages posted by people you follow on Twitter and LinkedIn. And Safari works with iCloud to keep your bookmarks, Reading List, and website passwords up to date across all your devices.
Mail: lets you manage all your email accounts from a single, ad-free inbox, even when you’re not connected to the Internet. It works with popular email services like Gmail, Yahoo! Mail, and AOL Mail. You can also use Mail for the free iCloud.com email account you get with iCloud. The first time you open Mail, Setup Assistant will help you get started.
Calendar: Keep track of your busy schedule with Calendar. You can create separate calendars – one for home, another for school, and a third for work. See all your calendars in a single window, or choose to see just the ones you want. Create and send invitations, then see who has responded. Add a location to an event, and Calendar will include a map, calculate travel time, and even display the weather forecast. Use iCloud to automatically update calendars on all your devices or share calendars with other iCloud users.
Maps: Explore new destinations and get directions on your Mac with Maps. View locations using standard or satellite imagery, or use Flyover to soar through select cities in photorealistic 3D. You can look up information for local points of interest like restaurants and hotels and Maps shows you phone numbers, photos, and even Yelp reviews. Once you find your destination, Maps provides point-to-point directions that you can send to your iPhone for turn-by-turn voice navigation.
iBooks: iBooks is a novel way to download and read books. It includes the iBooks Store, where you can download the latest best-selling books or your favorite classics. Click a book to open it. Flip through pages with a swipe or a click. It’s easy to add notes and bookmarks, and even highlight passages. Books purchased from the iBooks Store are available on your Mac and iOS devices.
iTunes: For Mac makes it easy to enjoy your favorite music, movies, TV shows, and more. iTunes includes the iTunes Store, where you can find new favorites and download them with a click. In addition, iTunes includes iTunes Radio, a new way to discover music.
iPhoto, iMovie, and GarageBand: These features give you amazing ways to create and share your photos, movies, and music. iPhoto helps you organize your library by Faces, Places, and Events, and create gorgeous photo books, cards, and calendars. iMovie lets you turn your home videos into epic movie trailers. And GarageBand has everything you need to learn to play an instrument, write music, or record a song.
Pages, Numbers, and Keynote: Create stunning documents, spreadsheets, and presentations on your Mac. Beautiful templates give you a great head start – simply add your own words and photos. And customizing everything is a snap with the new context-sensitive Format Panel. You can even open and edit Microsoft Office files. And you can quickly and easily share a link to your work via Mail or Messages, right from your toolbar.
Mac App Store: The best way to find and download apps for your Mac, from games and social networking to productivity apps and more. In one step, new apps install and appear in Launchpad. You can install apps on every Mac authorized for your personal use and even download them again. The Mac App Store lets you know when app and OS X updates are available, and can even update your apps automatically. Open the Mac App Store by clicking its icon in the Dock.
- Users report, the hard drive with 5400 RPM is very slow and encumbers the whole system performance. But as this Mac mini is one of the last upgradable Macs, an HDD can be replaced or complemented with an SSD specifically for the Mac OS X and ‘heavy’ software.
- We at iGotOffer give upgraded Mac minis of late 2012 the best price! Free instant quote, free fully insured shipping, fast and secure payment: Used Mac mini for sale.
Mac mini Review Late 2012 2.5GHz dual-core Intel Core i5. Video published by [ MOZ ], on October 7, 2014.