The Mac mini Core i5 / 2.6 (late 2014) is the Intel Mac mini in a cuboid sealed aluminum casing with an internal power unit, two Thunderbolt ports, and no internal optical drive and FireWire support. The line-up of late 2012 got the faster Intel Haswell processor and much faster Wi-Fi. The Mac mini Core i5 / 2.6(late 2014) features a mid-class dual-core 2.6 GHz Intel Core i5 (4278U) processor, 8 or 16GB of RAM (PC2-10600), upgradable at a time of purchase only, a 1 TB Ultra ATA/100 hard drive (5400 RPM) and Intel Iris 5100 graphics with 1.5 GB of integrated memory. The net top has an HDMI video out and two Thunderbolt ports, four USB 3.0 ports, a built-in mono-speaker, an audio-out mini-jack and an audio line-in/digital audio input. As for the wireless, the Mac mini Core i5 / 2.6 (late 2014) has standard AirPort Extreme (802.11a/ac/b/g/n) and Bluetooth 4.0. The cooling system is fanless. The Mac mini “Core i5” / 2.6 (late 2014) is shipped without a display, a keyboard and a mouse.
Mac Mini Core i5 / 2.6 (Late 2014)
Introduced on: October 16, 2014.
- Processor Speed: 2.6GHz.
- Processor Architecture: 64-bit.
- Processor Upgrade: Soldered.
- Processor type: Intel Core i5 (I5- 4278U “Haswell”).
- Cores: 2.
- On-Board RAM: DDR3 8 GB, 1600MHz.
- Max. RAM supported: DDR3 16 GB.
- Graphics: Intel Iris 5100 with 1.5 GB of integrated memory.
- Dual display support: Yes.
- Resolution Support: 2560 x 1600.
- Storage: 1 TB GB, 5400-rpm Ultra ATA-100.
- SSD support: Yes.
- Input\Output: 4 x USB 3.0, SD card reader, built-in mono-speaker, audio-out mini-jack, audio line-in/digital audio input, HDMI and 2 Thunderbolt ports.
- Optical drive: optional external optical drive for an extra cost.
- SD-card reader: Yes.
- Internet \ Wireless connection: 10/100 BASE-T Ethernet, optional 56k V.92 modem, AirPort Extreme Broadcom 802.11a/ac/b/g/ n, Bluetooth 4.0.
- Preinstalled OS: X 10.10 (14A389) “Sierra”.
- OS max. upgrade: 10.11.x “El Capitan” (requires 2 GB).
- Dimensions: 2.6x 7.7 x 7.7 inch maximum.
- Weight: 2.6 lb.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Model No: A1347 (EMC 2840).
Apple Order number: MGEN2LL/A.
- Intel Iris 5100 graphics is actually a graphic co-processor, or GPU. Until recently integrated graphics have occupied the low-end computers segment, but Intel has changed the situation abruptly. Iris 5100 or as it well-know, Iris HD 5100 can not only support HD video but also run modern games under ‘console’ settings. At the same time this GPU is ‘cold’ and low power consuming.
- You want to switch to a new computer, but don’t have enough means? We at iGotOffer help you save money for your new purchase. We pay the best price online for your old electronic devices. Free instant quote, free fully insured shipping, fast and secure payment: Mac mini for sale. Check our prices, we pay more than our competition.
Apple Mac mini Unboxing and Review (Late 2014). Video uploaded by zollotech, on January, 11 2015. The author unboxes and reviews the late 2014 Mac Mini. Apple decided to go the way of the MacBook Air and no longer makes the Mac Mini upgradeable. While this is unfortunate, the Mac Mini is still a great first Mac and server.