The Mac mini “Core i5” / 2.8 (late 2014) is the Intel Mac mini in a cuboid sealed aluminum casing with an internal power unit, two Thunderbolt ports, and no internal optical drive and FireWire support. The line-up of late 2012 got the faster Intel Haswell processor and much faster Wi-Fi. This model is remarkable for a Fusion Drive as a standard. The Mac mini “Core i5” / 2.8 (late 2014) features a mid-class dual-core 2.8 GHz Intel “Core i5” (4308U) processor, 8 or 16GB of RAM (PC2-10600), upgradable at a time of purchase only, a 1 TB “Fusion Drive” (a 1 TB hard drive complemented with a 128 GB SSD) and Intel Iris 5100 graphics with 1.5 GB of integrated memory. The net top has an HDMI video out and two Thunderbolt ports, four USB 3.0 ports, a built-in mono-speaker, an audio-out mini-jack and an audio line-in/digital audio input. As for the wireless, the Mac mini “Core i5” / 2.8 (late 2014) has standard AirPort Extreme (802.11a/ac/b/g/n) and Bluetooth 4.0. The cooling system is fanless. The Mac mini “Core i5” / 2.8 (late 2014) is shipped without a display, a keyboard and a mouse.
Mac Mini “Core i5” / 2.8 (Late 2014)
Introduced on: October 16, 2014.
- Processor Speed: 2.8 GHz.
- Processor Architecture: 64-bit.
- Processor Upgrade: Soldered.
- Processor type: Intel “Core i5” (I5- 4308 “Haswell”).
- Cores: 2.
- On-Board RAM: DDR3 8 GB, 1600MHz.
- Max. RAM supported: DDR3 16 GB.
- Graphics: Intel Iris 5100 with 1.5 GB of integrated memory.
- Dual display support: Yes.
- Resolution Support: 2560×1600.
- Storage: 1 TB GB Fusion Drive, 128 GB SSD.
- SSD support: Yes.
- Input\Output: 4 x USB 3.0, SD card reader, built-in mono-speaker, audio-out mini-jack, audio line-in/digital audio input, HDMI and 2 Thunderbolt ports.
- Optical drive: optional external optical drive for an extra cost.
- SD-card reader: Yes.
- Internet \ Wireless connection: 10/100 BASE-T Ethernet, optional 56k V.92 modem, AirPort Extreme Broadcom 802.11a/ac/b/g/ n, Bluetooth 4.0.
- Preinstalled OS: X 10.10 (14A389) “Sierra”.
- OS max. upgrade: 10.11.x “El Capitan” (requires 2 GB).
- Dimensions: 2.8x 7.7 x 7.7 inch maximum.
- Weight: 2.8 lb.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Model No: A1347 (EMC 2840)
Apple Order number: MGEQ2LL/A
- Low power consuming, slim and small, capable of HD playback and ran on Mac OS, Mac mini is an ideal choice for home entertainment hub. It can be plugged to a big TV via HDMI. You can watch your iTunes content on a big screen. And if 500 GB or 1 TB of storage isn’t enough, you can tether an external hard disk drive with Thunderbolt interface.
- Don’t throw away your used and old electronic gadgets. We at iGotOffer.com help you to save money for a new device. We buy your old Mac mini and any other device for the best price on the online market. You’ll get free and instant quote. We assure free and fully insured shipping, as well as fast and secure payment.