The Mac mini Core i7 / 2.3 (late 2012) is the Intel Mac mini in a cuboid aluminum casing with an internal power unit, a Thunderbolt port, a removable panel on the bottom to provide an access to upgradable RAM and no internal optical drive. The line-up of late 2012 got the faster and more elaborate Intel Ivy Bridge processor and up-to-date USB 3.0 ports. The Mac mini Core i7 / 2.3 (late 2012) features a top-class quad-core 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7 (3615QM) processor, 4 GB of RAM (PC2-10600), a 1 TB Ultra ATA/100 hard drive (5400 RPM) and Intel HD Graphics 4000 graphics with 512 MB of integrated memory. The net top has an HDMI video out and a Thunderbolt port, four USB 3.0 ports and one Firewire 800 port, a built-in mono-speaker, an audio-out mini-jack and an audio line-in/digital audio input. As for the wireless, the Mac mini Core i7 / 2.3 (late 2012) has standard AirPort Extreme (802.11a/b/g/n) and Bluetooth 4.0. The cooling system is fanless. The Mac mini Core i7 / 2.3 (late 2012) is shipped without a display, a keyboard and a mouse.
Mac Mini Core i7 / 2.3 (Late 2012)
Introduced on: October 23, 2012.
- Processor Speed: 2.3 GHz.
- Processor Architecture: 64-bit.
- Processor Upgrade: Soldered.
- Processor type: Intel Core i7 (I7-3615QM M “Ivy Bridge”).
- Cores: 4.
- On-Board RAM: DDR3 4GB, 1600 MHz.
- Max. RAM supported: DDR2 16 GB.
- Graphics: Radeon HD 6630M with 256 MB of integrated memory.
- Dual display support: Yes.
- Resolution Support: 2560 x 1600.
- Storage: 1 TB, 5400-rpm Ultra ATA-100 up to 750 GB (7200 RPM) Hard Drive Supported.
- SSD support: Yes.
- Input\Output: 4 x USB 3.0, Firewire 800, SD card reader, built-in mono-speaker, audio-out mini-jack, audio line-in/digital audio input, HDMI and Thunderbolt.
- Optical drive: optional external optical drive for an extra cost.
- SD-card reader: Yes.
- Internet \ Wireless connection: 10/100 BASE-T Ethernet, optional 56k V.92 modem, AirPort Extreme Broadcom 802.11a/b/g/ n, Bluetooth 4.0.
- Preinstalled OS: X 10.8.1 (12B2080) “Mountain Lion”.
- OS max. upgrade: 10.11.x “El Capitan” (requires 2 GB).
- Dimensions: 1.4 x 7.7 x 7.7 inch maximum.
- Weight: 2.7 lb.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Model No: A1347 (EMC 2570).
Apple Order number: MD388LL/A.
Discontinued: October 16, 2014.
- In this model throttling takes place when a processor is overheated, but the temperature alert value is not specified as it is in later Mac minis.
- Check on our prices for your old Mac mini. Sell it now to iGotOffer.com and save money for Apple Mac! – Mac mini for sale. Best way to save money for new gadgets.
Mac Mini 2012 i7 2.3GHZ 16GB RAM and SSD Upgrade. Video uploaded by Kevin Rice, on October 25, 2014. Upgraded from original 4GB RAM and slow 5400 RPM 1TB Hard Drive.