The Mac mini “Core i7” / 2.3 (late 2012) is the Intel Mac mini in a cuboid aluminum casing with an internal power unit, a Thunderbolt port, a removable panel on the bottom to provide an access to upgradable RAM and no internal optical drive. The line-up of late 2012 got the faster and more elaborate Intel Ivy Bridge processor and up-to-date USB 3.0 ports. The Mac mini “Core i7” / 2.3 (late 2012) features a top-class quad-core 2.3 GHz Intel “Core i7 ” (3615QM) processor, 4 GB of RAM (PC2-10600), a 1 TB Ultra ATA/100 hard drive (5400 RPM) and Intel HD Graphics 4000 graphics with 512 MB of integrated memory. The net top has an HDMI video out and a Thunderbolt port, four USB 3.0 ports and one Firewire 800 port, a built-in mono-speaker, an audio-out mini-jack and an audio line-in/digital audio input. As for the wireless, the Mac mini “Core i7” / 2.3 (late 2012) has standard AirPort Extreme (802.11a/b/g/n) and Bluetooth 4.0. The cooling system is fanless. The Mac mini “Core i7” / 2.3 (late 2012) is shipped without a display, a keyboard and a mouse.
Mac Mini “Core i7” / 2.3 (Late 2012)
Introduced on: October 23, 2012.
- Processor Speed: 2.3 GHz.
- Processor Architecture: 64-bit.
- Processor Upgrade: Soldered.
- Processor type: Intel “Core i7” (I7-3615QM M “Ivy Bridge”).
- Cores: 4.
- On-Board RAM: DDR3 4GB, 1600 MHz.
- Max. RAM supported: DDR2 16 GB.
- Graphics: Radeon HD 6630M with 256 MB of integrated memory.
- Dual display support: Yes.
- Resolution Support: 2560×1600.
- Storage: 1 TB, 5400-rpm Ultra ATA-100 up to 750 GB (7200 RPM) Hard Drive Supported.
- SSD support: Yes.
- Input\Output: 4 x USB 3.0, Firewire 800, SD card reader, built-in mono-speaker, audio-out mini-jack, audio line-in/digital audio input, HDMI and Thunderbolt.
- Optical drive: optional external optical drive for an extra cost.
- SD-card reader: Yes.
- Internet \ Wireless connection: 10/100 BASE-T Ethernet, optional 56k V.92 modem, AirPort Extreme Broadcom 802.11a/b/g/ n, Bluetooth 4.0.
- Preinstalled OS: X 10.8.1 (12B2080) “Mountain Lion”.
- OS max. upgrade: 10.11.x “El Capitan” (requires 2 GB).
- Dimensions: 1.4 x 7.7 x 7.7 inch maximum.
- Weight: 2.7 lb.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Model No: A1347 (EMC 2570).
Apple Order number: MD388LL/A.
Discontinued: October 16, 2014.
- In this model throttling takes place when a processor is overheated, but the temperature alert value is not specified as it is in later Mac minis.
- Check on our prices for your old Mac Pro. Sell it now to iGotOffer.com and save money for Apple Mac!