Mac Mini G4/1.25 is an Apple net-top computer in a cuboid casing with an external power unit and a slot-loaded optical disk drive. The Mac mini G4/1.25 shares its architecture with the iMac G4 line-up with some exceptions due to its form-factor. The Mac mini G4/1.25 features a 1.25 GHz PowerPC 7447a (G4) processor with the AltiVec “Velocity Engine” vector processing unit, 256 MB or 512 MB of RAM (PC133 SDRAM), a 40.0 GB Ultra ATA/100 hard drive (4200 RPM), a slot-loading 8X DVD/CD-RW “Combo” drive, and ATI Radeon 9200 graphics with 32 MB of DDR SDRAM (4X AGP). The net top has a DVI video out, two USB 2.0 ports and one Firewire 400 port, a built-in mono-speaker and an audio-out mini-jack. As for the wireless, the Mac mini G4/1.25 can be optionally upgraded to AirPort Extreme (802.11g) and Bluetooth 1.1. The cooling system is fanless. The Mac mini G4/1.25 is shipped without a display, a keyboard and a mouse.
Mac Mini G4/1.25
Introduced on: January 11, 2005.
- Processor Speed: 1.25 GHz.
- Processor Architecture: 32-bit.
- Processor Upgrade: Soldered.
- Processor type: PowerPC “Apollo” 7447a (G4).
- Cores: 1.
- On-Board RAM: DDR 256 MB \ 512 MB, 333 MHz.
- Max. RAM supported: DDR 1 GB.
- Graphics: ATI Radeon 9200 with 32 MB of DDR SDRAM.
- Resolution Support: 1920 x 1200.
- Storage: 40 GB, 4200-rpm Ultra ATA-100 up to 128 GB Hard Drive Supported.
- Input\Output: 2x USB 2.0, Firewire 400, built-in mono-speaker, audio-out mini-jack, DVI video out.
- Optical drive: 8X DVD/CD-RW “Combo” drive.
- Internet \ Wireless connection: 10/100 BASE-T Ethernet, 56k V.92 modem, Optional AirPort Extreme 802.11b/g, Optional Bluetooth 1.1.
- Preinstalled OS: X 10.3.7 (7T11) “Panther”.
- OS max. upgrade: 10.5.8 “Leopard”.
- Dimensions: 2.0 x 6.5 x 6.5 inch maximum.
- Weight: 2.9 lb.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Model No: A1103 (EMC 2026).
Apple Order number: M9686LL/A – configuration introduced January 11, 2005 with 256 MB of RAM, M9686LL/B – configuration introduced July 26, 2005 with 512 MB of RAM.
Discontinued: February 28, 2006.
- The Mac mini G4/1.25 is the entry level Apple net-top for those migrating from Windows OS. That’s why it was marketed as BYODKM (Bring Your Own Display, Keyboard, and Mouse).
- The Mac mini is an entry-level computer intended for budget-minded customers. Apple uses lower power laptop components in the Mac mini to fit all the necessary components into the small case and to prevent overheating. In the past, it had less storage and memory than comparable desktops, but today it has been upgraded. It is thus praised as a relatively affordable computer with a solid range of features.
- The Mac mini was the first consumer level desktop to ship without a keyboard, display or mouse since Apple’s success following the release of the iMac. Apple marketed it as Bring Your Own Display, Keyboard, and Mouse (BYODKM). The primary intended market for the Mac mini was users switching from a traditional Windows PC to a Mac.
- We at iGotOffer buy old iDevices, Mac mini included, for the best price online. Free instant quote, free fully insured shipping. Fast payment: Mac mini for sale.