The Mac mini G4/1.33 is an upgraded iteration of Mac mini G4/1.33, that unofficially entered the market on September 27, 2005. The Mac mini G4/1.33 has a faster processor and a faster hard drive, yet the said drive is smaller in capacity. The AirPort Extreme and Bluetooth have been made standard features now, while Bluetooth has been also upgraded. Thus, the Mac mini G4/1.33 sports a 1.33GHz PowerPC 7447a (G4) processor with the AltiVec “Velocity Engine” vector processing unit, 512 MB or 512 MB of RAM (PC133 SDRAM), a 40.0 GB Ultra ATA/100 hard drive (5400 RPM), a slot-loading 8X DVD/CD-RW “Combo” drive (or 4X DVD-RW/CD-RW “SuperDrive”), and ATI Radeon 9200 graphics with 32 MB of DDR SDRAM (4X AGP). The net top has a DVI video out, two USB 2.0 ports and one Firewire 400 port, a built-in mono-speaker and an audio-out mini-jack. As for the wireless, the Mac mini G4/1.33 features AirPort Extreme (802.11g) and Bluetooth 2.0+EDR. The cooling system is fanless. The Mac mini G4/1.33is shipped without a display, a keyboard and a mouse.
Mac Mini G4/1.33
Introduced on: September 27, 2005.
- Processor Speed: 1.33 GHz.
- Processor Architecture: 32-bit.
- Processor Upgrade: Soldered.
- Processor type: PowerPC “Apollo” 7447a (G4).
- Cores: 1.
- On-Board RAM: DDR 512 MB, 333 MHz.
- Max. RAM supported: DDR 1 GB.
- Graphics: ATI Radeon 9200 with 32 MB of DDR SDRAM.
- Resolution Support: 1920 x 1200.
- Storage: 40 GB, 5400-rpm Ultra ATA-100 up to 128 GB Hard Drive Supported.
- Input\Output: 2x USB 2.0, Firewire 400, built-in mono-speaker, audio-out mini-jack, DVI video out.
- Optical drive: 8X DVD/CD-RW “Combo” drive.
- Internet \ Wireless connection: 10/100 BASE-T Ethernet, 56k V.92 modem, AirPort Extreme 802.11b/g, Bluetooth 2.0+EDR.
- Preinstalled OS: X 10.4.2 (8D40) “Tiger”.
- OS max. upgrade: 10.5.8 “Leopard”.
- Dimensions: 2.0 x 6.5 x 6.5 inch maximum.
- Weight: 2.9 lb.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Model No: A1103 (EMC 2026).
Apple Order number: no official number, can have that of G4 \ 1.25 – M9686LL/B.
Discontinued: February 28, 2006.
- Due to fanless cooling, the video card overheating is a major problem. Users reported flying triangles in games instead of a proper image. The only solution is to switch the computer off and let it cool. There’re also various third-party cooling pads available.
- If you sell an old Mac mini, do not setup it: When you are getting ready to sell your old Mac mini, after you erase your HD and install a new copy of the OS, when the computer restarts, shut it down! Do not select the language. Do not proceed with the initial setup. Leave all that to the new owner. If your Mac mini came with an install DVD and you still have it, please be kind and pass it along to the new owner.
- Powerfully petit, Mac mini has a unique, unmistakably Mac look. It delivers graphics performance up to 90 percent faster than the previous generation. It is equipped with fourth-generation Intel Core processors, a flash storage option that’s up to 50 percent faster. Its wireless performance is up to three times quicker than that of its predecessor.
- Lets’s say that Apple’s computers and laptops are great, but come at a price, and one of the least expensive Apple computers is the Mac mini. A very small aluminium case encloses a fairly powerful computer, similar to the MacBook Air. The design is sleek and slim. However, the mouse and keyboard are not included in the price and have to be purchased separately, unless, of course, you already have your own. Upgrades can also lead to greater costs. The pros include its performance and budget price. The cons encompass the necessity for the mouse and keyboard, and the difficulty in getting some upgrades. For those wishing to experience OS X but are on a restricted budget, the Mac mini is a good inexpensive option.
- Mac mini is an affordable powerhouse. Users just connect their own display, keyboard and mouse. Now they are ready to make big things happen.
- Every new Mac comes with iMovie, Photos, GarageBand, Pages, Numbers and Keynote, as well as apps for email, making Face Time calls, surfing the Web and more. These apps have been updated to match thedesign of OS X Yosemite.
- Trade in your used Mac mini for top dollar. We at iGotOffer offer the best prices online for your used devices, Mac mini included: Sell old Mac mini.
Apple Mac Mini G4 Late 2005 1.33GHz – Overview. Video published by AreSheepGreen on February 19, 2014.