The Mac Mini G4/1.42 is an Apple net-top computer in a cuboid casing with an external power unit and a slot-loaded optical disk drive. The Mac mini 4G/1.42 shares its architecture with the iMac G4 line-up with some exceptions due to its form-factor. The Mac mini 4G/1.42 features a 1.42GHz PowerPC 7447a (G4) processor with the AltiVec “Velocity Engine” vector processing unit, 256 MB or 512 MB of RAM (PC133 SDRAM), an 80.0 GB Ultra ATA/100 hard drive (4200 RPM), a slot-loading 8X DVD/CD-RW “Combo” drive (or 4X DVD-RW/CD-RW “SuperDrive”), and ATI Radeon 9200 graphics with 32 MB of DDR SDRAM (4X AGP). The net top has a DVI video out, two USB 2.0 ports and one Firewire 400 port, a built-in mono-speaker and an audio-out mini-jack. As for the wireless, the Mac mini 4G/1.42 can be optionally upgraded to AirPort Extreme (802.11g) and Bluetooth 1.1. The cooling system is fanless. The Mac mini 4G/1.42 is shipped without a display, a keyboard and a mouse.
Mac Mini G4/1.42
January 11, 2005.
- Processor Speed: 1.42 GHz.
- Processor Architecture: 32-bit.
- Processor Upgrade: Soldered.
- Processor type: PowerPC “Apollo” 7447a (G4).
- Cores: 1.
- On-Board RAM: DDR 256 MB \ 512 MB, 333 MHz.
- Max. RAM supported: DDR 1 GB.
- Graphics: ATI Radeon 9200 with 32 MB of DDR SDRAM.
- Resolution Support: 1920 x 1200.
- Storage: 80 GB, 4200-rpm Ultra ATA-100 up to 128 GB Hard Drive Supported.
- Input\Output: 2x USB 2.0, Firewire 400, built-in mono-speaker, audio-out mini-jack, DVI video out.
- Optical drive: 8X DVD/CD-RW “Combo” drive.
- Internet \ Wireless connection: 10/100 BASE-T Ethernet, 56k V.92 modem, Optional AirPort Extreme 802.11b/g, Optional Bluetooth 1.1.
- OS: Preinstalled OS: X 10.3.7 (7T11) “Panther”. OS max. upgrade: 10.5.8 “Leopard”.
- Dimensions: 2.0 x 6.5 x 6.5 inch maximum.
- Weight: 2.9 lb.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Model No: A1103 (EMC 2026).
Apple Order number:
- M9687LL/A – configuration since July 26, 2005 with 512 MB of RAM, AirPort Extreme, and Bluetooth
- M9687LL/B – configuration since July 26, 2005 with “SuperDrive”
Discontinued: September 27, 2005.
- $599 – 256 MB of storage
- $699 – 512 MB of storage
- On July 26, 2005 this model underwent some upgrades featuring wireless options and optical drive specs. First, AirPort Extreme and Bluetooth became standard, while the modem was dropped. Second, the Combo drive was replaced with a Super drive capable of DVD rewriting.
- Each model has a specific Apple order number. Consult the info above for details.
- Much later, the Mac mini, updated in 2010, was redesigned. The weight rose from 2.9 to 3.0 pounds. The power supply was now internal. The chassis no longer had the polycarbonate plastic.
- The newer model, introduced in 2011 has the same physical dimensions but is slightly lighter, at 2.7 pounds.
- Mac mini is one of three desktop computers in the current Macintosh lineup, the other two being the iMac and Mac Pro.
- How much your old Mac mini worth? Check on our prices, we at iGotOffer pay the best price online for your old devices. Free instant quote, free fully insured shipping, fast payment: Sell my Mac mini online.