The Mac Pro “Eight Core” 3.0 serves as a custom configuration of the original Mac Pro, powered by two Quad Core Xeon X5365 processors. Other than the change in the processor option, this version of the Mac Pro remains unchanged.
Mac Pro “Eight Core” 3.0
Introduced on April 4, 2007.
- Processor: Xeon X5365. Processor Speed: 3.0 GHz.
Processor Type: Q. Core Xeon X5365 x2.
- RAM Type: PC5300 DDR2 ECC.
- Standard RAM: 1 GB.
- Video Card: GeForce 7300 GT.
- VRAM Type: GDDR2 SDRAM.
- Display Support: According to Apple’s reports, this model can support up to eight displays with four NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT graphics cards installed, each supporting two displays.
- Resolution Support: 2560×1600.
- Standard Hard Drive: 250 GB (7200 RPM).
- Connectivity: Airport Extreme 802.11a/b/g and draft-n (optional; n disabled by default). 2x gigabit Ethernet. Optional 56k V.92 USB modem. Optional Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR.
- OS: Pre-Installed MacOS: X 10.4.9 (8P4037). Maximum MacOS: X 10.7.5.
- Minimum Windows: XP SP2.
- Maximum Windows: 7.
- Battery: 922-6476 3.6V lithium battery.
- Dimensions: 20.1 in height, 8.1 in width, 18.7 in depth.
- Average Weight: 42.4 lbs.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Order Number: As a custom configuration of the Mac Pro “Quad Core” 2.66, this model does not have its own order number.
Apple Model Number: A1186.
Discontinuation: January 8, 2008.
Initial Price: US$3999.
- By default configured with 1.0 GB of 667 MHz DDR2 ECC fully-buffered FB-DIMM memory, as well as a double-layer 16X “SuperDrive”.
- The expansion incudes two external 5.25” optical bays, four internal 3.5” cable-free, direct attach hard drive bays and four PCle slots.
- Sell used Mac Pro to iGotOffer for cash! We pay the best price online for your old computer. Don’t wait more – sell old Mac Pro to iGotOffer.