The MacBook 1,1 or the original MacBook model used a combination of polycarbonate and fiberglass casing which was modeled after the iBook G4. The original polycarbonate MacBook laptop was thicker than its predecessor – the iBook G4, – but wider, due to its widescreen display. The original MacBook adopted Apple’s MagSafe power connector. The MacBook was Apple’s first notebook to use new features, such as the glossy display, the sunken keyboard design and the non-mechanical magnetic latch.
MacBook 1,1 (Original MacBook)
Introduction: Announced on May 16, 2006 and released on June 28, 2006.
- Processor: 1.83 GHz or 2.0 GHz Intel Core Duo (T2400/T2500). 945 chips.
- Memory: 512 MB (two 256 MB)
- Hard drive: 60 GB or 80 GB (optional 100 GB or 120 GB).
- Operating system: OS x 10.6 Snow Leopard.
- Display: 13.3-inch glossy widescreen LCD. 1280 x 800 pixel resolution (WXGA, 16:10 = 8:5 aspect ratio).
- Graphics: Shared with system memory, Intel GMA 950 using 64 MB RAM. Up to 224 MB in Windows through Boot Camp.
- Front size bus: 667 MHz.
- Ports: The ports are all on the left edge. On the first models, from left to right, they are the MagSafe power connector, Gigabit Ethernet, mini-DVI, FireWire 400, 2 USB 2.0 ports, audio in, audio out and Kensington Security Slot. For the unibody polycarbonate MacBook model released in 2009, the ports from left to right are the MagSafe power connector, Gigabit Ethernet, Mini DisplayPort, 2 USB 2.0 ports, audio out and Kensington Security Slot. On the front, there is a power light and an infrared receiver, while on the right edge, there is the optical drive.
- Camera: iSight Camera (640 x 480 0.3 MP).
- Video out: Mini DVI (replaced the iBook’s mini-VGA display port with a mini-DVI display port).
- Connectivity: Integrated AirPort Extreme 802.11 a/b/h/g. Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR.
- Battery: 55-watt-hour lithium polymer battery, removable.
- Peripherals: 2 USB 2.0. 1 Firewire 400. 1 Optical diginal/analog audio line-in. 1 Optical digital/analog line-out.
- Weight: 5.2 lb.
- Dimensions: 1.08 in x 12.78 in x 8.92 in.
- Colors: Available in black and white colors.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation
Order Numbers: MA254/A. MA244/A. MA472/A. Apple used the A1181 code, printed on the case, for this family of models, though 17 variations may be counted if color is included.
Discontinuation: Discontinued in October 2008, after the introduction of aluminium MacBook.
Price: A more expensive black model was offered until the introduction of the unibody aluminum MacBook.
- With the late 2007 revision of the first MacBook, the keyboard received several changes. The same keyboard short-cut to control multimedia was added than that on the iMac. The embedded numeric keypad and the Apple logo were removed from the command keys.
- The polycarbonate MacBook was the only Macintosh notebook, until the reintroduction of MacBooks in 2015, to be offered in more than one color since the iBook G3.
- In February 2007, Apple Inc. recalled MacBook because the graphics card and hard drive caused the computer to overheat, forcing the unit to shut down randomly.
- Don’t wait. Sell your old MacBook today to iGotOffer for top dollar! Free instant quote, free fully insured shipping, fast payment, the best prices online!: Sell MacBook now!