The polycarbonate MacBook 2,1 laptop was thicker than its predecessor – the iBook G4, – but wider, due to its widescreen display. The original polycarbonate MacBook was Apple’s first notebook to use new features, such as the glossy display, the sunken keyboard design and the non-mechanical magnetic latch.
MacBook 2,1 (Polycarbonate Model, Mid-2007)
Introduction: May 15, 2007.
- Processor: 2.0 GHz or 2.16 GHz. Intel Core 2 Duo (T7200/T7400). Front size bus : 667 MHz.
- Memory: 1 GB (two 512 MB) 667 MHz PC2-5300. Expandable to 4 GB (3 GB usable).
- Hard drive: 80 GB, 120 GB or 160 GB. Optional 200 GB, 4200-rpm.
- Combo Drive : 8× DVD read, 24× CD-R and 16× CD-RW recording.
- Operating system: OS x 10.7 Lion.
- Display : 13.3-inch glossy widescreen LCD, 1280 × 800 pixel resolution (WXGA, 16:10 = 8:5 aspect ratio).
- Graphics: Shared with system memory, Intel GMA 950 using 64 MB RAM. Up to 224 MB in Windows through Boot Camp.
- Ports: The ports are all on the left edge. On the first models, from left to right, they are the MagSafe power connector, Gigabit Ethernet, mini-DVI, FireWire 400, 2 USB 2.0 ports, audio in, audio out and Kensington Security Slot. For the unibody polycarbonate MacBook model released in 2009, the ports from left to right are the MagSafe power connector, Gigabit Ethernet, Mini DisplayPort, 2 USB 2.0 ports, audio out and Kensington Security Slot. On the front, there is a power light and an infrared receiver, while on the right edge, there is the optical drive.
- Camera: iSight Camera (640 x 480 0.3 MP).
- Video out: Mini DVI (replaced the iBook’s mini-VGA display port with a mini-DVI display port).
- Connectivity: Integrated AirPort Extreme 802.11 a/b/h/g. Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR.
- Battery: 55-watt-hour lithium polymer battery, removable.
- Peripherals: 2 USB 2.0. 1 Firewire 400. 1 Optical digital/analog audio line-in. 1 Optical digital/analog line-out.
- Average Weight: 5.2 lb.
- Dimensions: 1.08 in x 12.78 in x 8.92 in.
- Colors: Available in black and white colors.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Order Numbers: MB061/A, MB062/A, MB063/A.
Discontinued: November 2007.
Prices: 2.0 GHz/1 GB RAM/80 GB HD/ComboDrive/White – $1099. 2.16 GHz/1 GB RAM/120 GB HD/SuperDrive/White – $1299. 2.16 GHz/1 GB RAM/160 GB HD/SuperDrive/Black – $1499.
- With the late 2007 revision of the original polycarbonate MacBook, the keyboard received several changes. The same keyboard short-cut to control multimedia was added than that on the iMac. The embedded numeric keypad and the Apple logo were removed from the command keys.
- The MacBook (Mid 2007) was available in three configurations: 2.0 GHz/1 GB RAM/80 GB HD/ComboDrive/White, 2.16 GHz/1 GB RAM/120 GB HD/SuperDrive/White, and 2.16 GHz/1 GB RAM/160 GB HD/SuperDrive/Black.
- This MacBook was the only Mac notebook, until the reintroduction of MacBooks in 2015, to be offered in more than one color since the iBook G3.
- You want to trade in your old MacBook for fast cash? Sell it to iGotOffer for the best price online. We Buy Old MacBooks. Instant quotes, free and insured shipping, fast payment: Sell your used MacBook.
Overview: Apple MacBook (Late 2007). Video uploaded by Carlo Chim on January 8, 2014.