The original polycarbonate MacBook 3,1 was Apple’s first notebook to use new features, such as the glossy display, the sunken keyboard design and the non-mechanical magnetic latch. The MacBook 3,1 (polycarbonate model) followed the same line. With this late-2007 revision, the MacBook keyboard received several changes to closely mirror the one which shipped with the iMac. Apple also added several keyboard short-cut to control multimedia, and removing the Apple logo and the embedded numeric keypad from the command keys.
MacBook 3,1 (Polycarbonate Model, Late 2007)
Introduction: November 1, 2007.
- Processor: 2.0 GHz or 2.2 GHz. Intel Core 2 Duo (T7300/T7500). Front size bus : 800 MHz .
- Memory: 1 GB (two 512 MB) or 2 GB (two 1 GB) 667 MHz PC2-5300. Expandable to 6 GB (4 GB supported by Apple).
- Hard drive: 80 GB, 120 GB or 160 GB. Optional 250 GB.
- Internal Slot-loading: 4× DVD+R DL writes, 8× DVD±R read, 4× DVD±RW writes, 24× CD-R, and 10x CD-RW recording.
- Operating system: OS x 10.7 Lion.
- Display: 13.3-inch glossy widescreen LCD, 1280 × 800 pixel resolution (WXGA, 16:10 = 8:5 aspect ratio)
- Graphics: Intel GMA X3100 using 144 MB RAM (up to 384 MB available in Windows through Boot Camp).
- Connectivity: Integrated Airport Extreme 802.11a/b/g/n (draft-n enabled) Gigabit Ethernet. Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR.
- Camera: iSight Camera (640 x 480 0.3 MP).
- Video out: Mini DVI (replaced the iBook’s mini-VGA display port with a mini-DVI display port).
- Connectivity: Integrated AirPort Extreme 802.11 a/b/h/g. Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR.
- Battery: 55-watt-hour lithium polymer battery, removable.
- Peripherals: 2 USB 2.0. 1 Firewire 400. 1 Optical digital/analog audio line-in. 1 Optical digital/analog line-out.
- Average Weight: 5.2 lb.
- Dimensions: 1.08 in x 12.78 in x 8.92 in.
- Colors: Available in black and white colors.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Order Numbers: MB061/B MB062/B MB063/B.
Discontinued: February 2008.
Price: 2.0 GHz/1 GB RAM/80 GB HD/ComboDrive/White – $1099. 2.20 GHz/1 GB RAM/120 GB HD/SuperDrive/White – $1299. 2.20 GHz/1 GB RAM/160 GB HD/SuperDrive/Black – $1499.
- With the late 2007 revision of the original polycarbonate MacBook, the keyboard received several changes. The same keyboard short-cut to control multimedia was added than that on the iMac. The embedded numeric keypad and the Apple logo were removed from the command keys.
- This model was available in three configurations: 2.0 GHz/1 GB RAM/80 GB HD/ComboDrive/White; 2.20 GHz/1 GB RAM/120 GB HD/SuperDrive/White; and 2.20 GHz/1 GB RAM/160 GB HD/SuperDrive/Black.
- This MacBook was the only Mac notebook, until the reintroduction of MacBooks in 2015, to be offered in more than one color since the iBook G3.
- Sell you used MacBook and save money for your new device: We buy old MacBooks for the best price online : Instant and free quotes, free and insured shipping, fast payment: Sell old MacBook.