Introduced in May 2009, the MacBook 5,2 (Mid 2009) was a modest speed-bump of the previous MacBook. The processor speed was increased by 6.5% to 2.13 GHz. The hard disk capacity was increased to 160 GB. This MacBook model was shipped in a single configuration, with 2 GB of RAM. It was replaced in October 2009 by the unibody polycarbonate model.
MacBook 5,2 (Polycarbonate Model, Mid 2009)
Introduction: May 27, 2009.
- Processor: 2.13 GHz. Intel Core 2 Duo (P7450).
- Front Size Bus: 1066 MHz.
- Memory: 160 GB. Optional 250 GB, 320 GB, or 500 GB.
- Hard Drive: 120 GB. Optional 160 GB, 250 GB, or 320 GB.
- Internal Slot-loading Super-Drive: 4 × DVD+R DL writes, 8 × DVD±R read, 4 × DVD±RW writes, 24 × CD-R, and 10 x CD-RW recording.
- OS: OS X 10.11 “El Capitan” officially, macOS 10.12 “Sierra” unofficially with Sierra Patcher.
- Display: 13.3-inch glossy widescreen LCD, 1280 × 800 pixel resolution (WXGA, 16:10 = 8:5 aspect ratio).
- Graphics: Nvidia GeForce 9400M using 256 MB RAM.
- Connectivity: Integrated Airport Extreme 802.11a/b/g/n (draft-n enabled). Gigabit Ethernet. Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR.
- Peripherals: 2 × USB 2.0. 1 × Firewire 400. 1 × Optical digital / analog audio line-in. 1 × Optical digital / analog audio line-out.
- Camera: iSight Camera (640 × 480 0.3 MP).
- Video out: Mini DVI.
- Battery: 55-watt-hour removable lithium-polymer.
- Average Weight: 5 lb.
- Dimensions: 1.08 in (Height) × 12.78 in (Width) × 8.92 in (Depth).
Apple Model, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Model: MC240/A .
Discontinuation: October 2009.
Prices: This model was shipped in on configuration: US$999.
- The MacBook’s graphics chipset used a portion of main memory as VRAM. Though reported as a 256 MB graphics system, the chipset actually used up to 272 MB of RAM.
- Though the processor of this MacBook model ran at a slightly slower clock-rate, other specifications were improved: the bus speed was increased to 1066 MHz, and the amount of RAM was doubled to 2 GHz.
- The graphics chipset received a significant upgrade to the same chipset used in the more costly MacBook (13-inch, Aluminum, Late 2008).
- Trade in your used MacBook for fast cash now. Sell it to iGotOffer for the best price online. Instant free quote, free fully insured shipping, fast payment: Sell my MacBook.