MacBook Air Core 2 Duo 1.4 11″ (late 2010) is the subnotebook engineered, designed and manufactured by Apple. It takes the middle between MacBook Pro and MacBook Retina. It is the thinnest ultra-thin machined aluminum case with a full-size non-backlit keyboard, 11.6” widescreen TFT LED backlit active-matrix display and flash storage drive.
MacBook Air Core 2 Duo 1.4 11″ (Late 2010)
MacBook Air Core 2 Duo 1.4 11″ (mid-2009) is powered with a dual core ultra-low-voltage Air Core 2 Duo (SU9400) and NVIDIA GeForce 320M integrated graphics processor with 256 MB of shared DDR3 memory. It features 2 GB \ 4 GB of RAM, a 64 GB \ 128 GB flash storage. The widescreen TFT LED backlit active-matrix display has 1366×768 native resolution and a glossy surface.
MacBook Air Core 2 Duo 1.4 11″ has an inbuilt FaceTime video camera with 720p resolution and two stereo speakers placed under the keyboard for multimedia and AirPort Extreme (802.11a/b/g/n) port and Bluetooth 2.1+EDR for communication. Two USB 2.0 ports, analog audio out and Mini DisplayPort video out with external 30″ display support sum up the connectivity options. MacBook Air Core 2 Duo 1.4 11″ (Late 2010) lacks Firewire, Ethernet (with an external adapter available for an extra cost), and optical audio in/out.
Introduced on: October 20, 2010.
- Codename: MacBook Air.
- Processor Speed: 1.4 GHz.
- Boost Speed: N/A.
- Processor Architecture: 64-bit.
- Processor type: Air Core 2 Duo (SU9400) ” Penryn-3M”.
- Processor upgrade: soldered.
- Cores: 2.
- Graphics core: Yes.
- On-Board RAM: 2 GB \ 4 GB , DDR3 1066 MHz.
- Max. RAM: non-upgradeable.
- Video: Retina 13.3″ LED-backlit TFT active matrix IPS, 16:10 widescreen, 1280×800 pixels max resolution.
- Webcam: FaceTime 720p resolution.
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 320M graphics with 256 MB of shared DDR3 memory and Micro-DVI output.
- Storage: 64 GB \128 GB flash storage.
- Fusion Drive: No.
- Input\Output: 2 x USB 2.0, analog audio out and Mini DisplayPort video out.
- Power Connector: MagSafe.
- Battery: inbuilt lithium-ion polymer, 35-watt-hour.
- Internet \ Wireless connection: inbuilt AirPort Extreme (802.11a/b/g/n), Bluetooth 2.1+EDR
- Preinstalled OS: 10.6.4 (10F3061).
- OS max. upgrade: current.
- Dimensions: .11-.68 x 11.8 x 7.56 inch.
- Weight: 2.3 lb.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Model No: A1304 (EMC 2334).
Apple Order number: MC234LL/A.
Discontinued: July 20, 2011.
Price: $999, $1199.
- Flash storage was a compromise between HDD and SSD. While lacking SSD durability and reliability flash gives an instant access to the system. With a display that small it’s clear MacBook Air was designed with travel needs in mind. MacBook Air 11” of late 2010 is meant for instant communication and quick typewriting. It is closer to a 2-in-1 tablet, the non-touch screen the only feature that set it apart.
- Though the specification says two RAM options (2 GB or 4 GB) and flash storage options (64 GB or 120 GB) MacBook Air 11” is not home upgrade friendly. The upgrade was available at a time of purchase.
- With sizes that small, heating can be a problem. The aluminum casing helps to dissipate the heat into the air, but not much. On the other hand, MacBook Air 11” is not meant for serious processor loading tasks.