MacBook Air Core 2 Duo 1.6 13″ is the first subnotebook engineered, designed and manufactured by Apple. It takes the middle between MacBook Pro and MacBook Retina. MacBook Air Core 2 Duo 1.6 13″ sports an ultra-thin machined aluminum case with a full-size backlit keyboard with ambient light sensor.
MacBook Air Core 2 Duo 1.6 13″ (Original, 2008)
MacBook Air Core 2 Duo 1.6 13″ is powered with a customized dual core Air Core 2 Duo (P7500) and Intel GMA X3100 integrated graphics processor with 144 MB of shared DDR2 memory. It features 2 GB of RAM, an 80 GB hard drive (4200 RPM). The widescreen TFT LED backlit active-matrix display has 1280×800 native resolution and a glossy surface.
MacBook Air Core 2 Duo 1.6 13″ has an inbuilt iSight video camera with 640 × 480 resolution and two stereo speakers placed under the keyboard for multimedia and AirPort Extreme (802.11a/b/g/n) port and Bluetooth 2.1+EDR for communication. The only USB 2.0 port, analog audio out and micro-DVI video out with external 24″ display support sum up the connectivity options. MacBook Air Core 2 Duo 1.6 13″ lacks Firewire, Ethernet (with an external adapter available for an extra cost), and optical audio in/out.
Introduced on: January 15, 2008.
- Codename: MacBook Air.
- Processor Speed: 1.6 GHz.
- Boost Speed: 1.8 GHz.
- Processor Architecture: 64-bit.
- Processor type: Air Core 2 Duo (P7500) “Merom”.
- Processor upgrade: soldered.
- Cores: 2.
- Graphics core: Yes.
- On-Board RAM: 2 GB, DDR2 667 MHz.
- Max. RAM: non-upgradeable.
- Video: Retina 13.3″ LED-backlit TFT active matrix IPS, 16:10 widescreen, 1280×800 pixels max resolution.
- Webcam: iSight, 640 × 480 resolution.
- Graphics: Intel GMA X3100 graphics with 144 MB of shared DDR2 memory and Micro-DVI output.
- Storage: 80 GB PATA HDD.
- Fusion Drive: No.
- Input\Output: USB 2.0, analog audio out and micro-DVI video out.
- Power Connector: MagSafe.
- Battery: inbuilt lithium-ion polymer, 37-watt-hour.
- Internet \ Wireless connection: inbuilt AirPort Extreme (802.11a/b/g/n), Bluetooth 2.1+EDR
- Preinstalled OS: 10.5.1 (9B2324).
- OS max. upgrade: X 10.7.5.
- Dimensions: .16-.76 x 12.8 x 8.94 inch.
- Weight: 3 lb.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Model No: A1237 (EMC 2142).
Apple Order number: MB003LL/A.
Discontinued: October 14, 2008.
- Released as a premium ultraportable device, MacBook Air soon downgraded to entry-level Apple laptop due to discontinuation in 2011.
- MacBook Air was designed with portability and mobility in mind and lacks many features of elder notebook ‘siblings’. It connects on-line through Wi-Fi only and has no drives or card readers installed.
- Check on our prices for your old MacBook Air. Sell it now to iGotOffer.com and save money for a new model: Sell MacBook Online for top price. Free instant quote, free shipping, fast and secure payment.