MacBook Air Core 2 Duo 1.86 13-inch NVIDIA is the revision of MacBook Air Core 2 Duo 1.6 13-inch that took place towards the end of 2008. While the design – an ultra-thin machined aluminum case with a full-size backlit keyboard with ambient light sensor – remained the same, the hardware had been thoroughly revised.
MacBook Air Core 2 Duo 1.86 13-inch (NVIDIA, 2008)
MacBook Air Core 2 Duo 1.86 13-inch NVIDIA is powered with a dual core Air Core 2 Duo (SL9400) and NVIDIA GeForce 9400M integrated graphics processor with 256 MB of shared DDR3 memory. It features 2 GB of RAM, a 128 GB solid state drive (SSD). The widescreen TFT LED backlit active-matrix display has 1280 x 800 native resolution and a glossy surface.
MacBook Air Core 2 Duo 1.86 13-inch has an inbuilt iSight video camera with 640 × 480 resolution and two stereo speakers placed under the keyboard for multimedia and AirPort Extreme (802.11a/b/g/n) port and Bluetooth 2.1+EDR for communication. The only USB 2.0 port, analog audio out and Mini DisplayPort video out with external 24″ support display sum up the connectivity options. MacBook Air Core 2 Duo 1.86 13″ lacks Firewire, Ethernet (with an external adapter available for an extra cost), and optical audio in/out.
Introduced on: October 14, 2008.
- Codename: MacBook Air.
- Processor Speed: 1.86 GHz.
- Boost Speed: N/A.
- Processor Architecture: 64-bit.
- Processor type: Air Core 2 Duo (SL9400) “Penryn”.
- Processor upgrade: soldered.
- Cores: 2.
- Graphics core: Yes.
- On-Board RAM: 2 GB, DDR3 1066 MHz.
- Max. RAM: non-upgradeable.
- Video: Retina 13.3″ LED-backlit TFT active matrix IPS, 16:10 widescreen, 1280 x 800 pixels max resolution.
- Webcam: iSight, 640 × 480 resolution.
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 9400M graphics with 256 MB of shared DDR3 memory and Micro-DVI output.
- Storage: 128 GB SSD.
- Fusion Drive: N0.
- Input\Output: USB 2.0, analog audio out and Mini DisplayPort video out.
- Power Connector: MagSafe.
- Battery: inbuilt lithium-ion polymer, 37-watt-hour.
- Internet \ Wireless connection: inbuilt AirPort Extreme (802.11a/b/g/n), Bluetooth 2.1+EDR.
- Preinstalled OS: 10.5.1 (9B2324).
- OS max. upgrade: X 10.7.5.
- Dimensions: .16-.76 x 12.8 x 8.94 inch.
- Weight: 3 lb.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Model No: A1304 (EMC 2253).
Apple Order number: MB940LL/A.
Discontinued: June 8, 2009.
- Again Apple didn’t enhance the RAM, but swapped HDD for SSD that boosted the OS performance.
- For Apple branded SSDs Apple chose non-TRIM controllers. With TRIM controller an operating system informs a solid-state drive (SSD) which blocks of data are no longer considered in use and can be wiped off. For the third-party SSD you have to turn the TRIM feature on but be aware that thus you lose Apple’s warranty.
- The most efficient way to recycle the you don’t need anymore : Sell it to iGotOffer for the best price on online market: Macbook sale. Check our prices now!
MacBook Air 2008 Review: SSD Edition, Original model. Video uploaded by ebaymaster on January 16, 2013