MacBook Air Core 2 Duo 1.86 13″ (mid-2009) is the subnotebook engineered, designed and manufactured by Apple. It takes the middle between MacBook Pro and MacBook Retina. While the design – an ultra-thin machined aluminum case with a full-size backlit keyboard with ambient light sensor – remained the same, the hardware had been downgraded as compared to the MacBook Air Core 2 Duo 1.86 13″ (NVIDIA, 2008). The solid-state drive had been swapped back for an HDD.
MacBook Air Core 2 Duo 1.86 13″ (Mid-2009)
MacBook Air Core 2 Duo 1.86 13″ (mid-2009) is powered with a dual core Air Core 2 Duo (SL9400) and NVIDIA GeForce 9400M integrated graphics processor with 256 MB of shared DDR3 memory. It features 2 GB of RAM, a 120 GB hard disk drive (HDD). The widescreen TFT LED backlit active-matrix display has 1280 x 800 native resolution and a glossy surface.
MacBook Air Core 2 Duo 1.86 13″ has an inbuilt iSight video camera with 640 × 480 resolution and two stereo speakers placed under the keyboard for multimedia and AirPort Extreme (802.11a/b/g/n) port and Bluetooth 2.1+EDR for communication. The only USB 2.0 port, analog audio out and Mini DisplayPort video out with external 24″ display support sum up the connectivity options. MacBook Air Core 2 Duo 1.86 13″ lacks Firewire, Ethernet (with an external adapter available for an extra cost), and optical audio in/out.
Introduced on: June 8, 2009.
- Codename: MacBook Air.
- Processor Speed: 1.86 GHz.
- Boost Speed: N/A.
- Processor Architecture: 64-bit.
- Processor type: Air Core 2 Duo (SL9400) ” Penryn”.
- Processor upgrade: soldered.
- Cores: 2.
- Graphics core: Yes.
- On-Board RAM: 2 GB, DDR3 1066 MHz.
- Max. RAM: non-upgradeable.
- Video: Retina 13.3″ LED-backlit TFT active matrix IPS, 16:10 widescreen, 1280 x 800 pixels max resolution.
- Webcam: iSight, 640 × 480 resolution.
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 9400M graphics with 256 MB of shared DDR3 memory and Micro-DVI output.
- Storage: 120 GB HDD.
- Fusion Drive: No.
- Input\Output: USB 2.0, analog audio out and Mini DisplayPort video out.
- Power Connector: MagSafe.
- Battery: inbuilt lithium-ion polymer, 40-watt-hour.
- Internet \ Wireless connection: inbuilt AirPort Extreme (802.11a/b/g/n), Bluetooth 2.1+EDR
- Preinstalled OS: 10.5.7 (9B2324).
- OS max. upgrade: X 10.11.x.
- Dimensions: .16-.76 x 12.8 x 8.94 inch.
- Weight: 3 lb.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Model No: A1304 (EMC 2253).
Apple Order number: MC233LL/A.
Discontinued: October 20, 2010.
- Apple increased the processor clock speed for entry-level ultrabooks but cut back the SSD. The top ultrabook of 2009 got both higher clock speed and SSD.
- Apple MacBook Air ‘starred’ in Scandinavian thriller “The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo”. The “Millenium” journalists used the ultrabook to prepare the articles.