MacBook Air Core 2 Duo 1.86 13″ (late-2010) is the subnotebook engineered, designed and manufactured by Apple. It is the compromise between MacBook Pro and MacBook Retina and the top model of the 2010 line-up of MacBooks Air. MacBook Air Core 2 Duo 1.86 13″ (Late-2010) is the blade-thin machined aluminum case with a full-size non-backlit keyboard, 13.3” widescreen TFT LED backlit active-matrix display and flash storage drive.
MacBook Air Core 2 Duo 1.86 13″ (Late-2010)
MacBook Air Core 2 Duo 1.86 13″ (late-2010) is powered with a dual core Air Core 2 Duo (SL9400) and NVIDIA GeForce 320M integrated graphics processor with 256 MB of shared DDR3 memory. It features 2 GB of RAM, a 128 GB \ 256 GB flash storage. The widescreen TFT LED backlit active-matrix display has 1440×900 native resolution and a glossy surface.
MacBook Air Core 2 Duo 1.86 13″ has a FaceTime video camera with 720p resolution and two stereo speakers placed under the keyboard for multimedia and AirPort Extreme (802.11a/b/g/n) port and Bluetooth 2.1+EDR for communication. Two USB 2.0 ports, analog audio out, SD card slot and Mini DisplayPort video out with external 30″ support display sum up the connectivity options. MacBook Air Core 2 Duo 1.86 13″ (Late-2010) lacks Firewire, Ethernet (with an external adapter available for an extra cost), and optical audio in/out.
Introduced on: October 20, 2010.
- Codename: MacBook Air.
- Processor Speed: 1.86 GHz.
- Boost Speed: N/A.
- Processor Architecture: 64-bit.
- Processor type: Air Core 2 Duo (SL9400) ” Penryn”.
- Processor upgrade: soldered.
- Cores: 2.
- Graphics core: Yes.
- On-Board RAM: 2 GB, DDR3 1066 MHz.
- Max. RAM: non-upgradeable.
- Video: Retina 13.3″ LED-backlit TFT active matrix IPS, 16:10 widescreen, 1440×900 pixels max resolution.
- Webcam: FaceTime, 720p resolution.
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 320M graphics with 256 MB of shared DDR3 memory and Micro-DVI output.
- Storage: 128 GB \ 256 GB flash storage.
- Fusion Drive: No.
- Input\Output: 2 x USB 2.0, analog audio out, SD card slot and Mini DisplayPort video out.
- Power Connector: MagSafe.
- Battery: inbuilt lithium-ion polymer, 50-watt-hour.
- Internet \ Wireless connection: inbuilt AirPort Extreme (802.11a/b/g/n), Bluetooth 2.1+EDR
- Preinstalled OS: 10.6.4 (10F3061).
- OS max. upgrade: current.
- Dimensions: .11-.68 x 12.8 x 8.94 inch.
- Weight: 2.9 lb.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Model No: A1369 (EMC 2392).
Apple Order number: MC503LL/A – 128 GB of storage, MC504LL/A – 256 GB of storage.
Discontinued: July 20, 2011.
Price: $1299, $1599.
- With casing that thin, heating might be an issue. The only to microscopic vents are behind the screen in the keyboard casing. They aren’t enough, neither is the aluminum casing meant to dissipate the heat. On the other hand, MacBook Air is not designed for multitasking, or ‘heavy’ apps for elaborate calculations.
- Likewise, overclocking is out of question. First, the model of the processor installed forbids overclocking. Second, overclocking means more heat and overheating will surely kill your processor in such a thin casing with lack of air circulation.
- All the component of this computer are soldered to the motherboard and no upgrade is possible after purchase. In this MacBook Air is similar to smartphones, which can’t be upgraded.
- If your eyes are on faster tablets and you look for good hands to adopt your used MacBook Aire, contact us, and we’ll give you the best price for your device: Macbook Air for Sale.