MacBook Air Core 2 Duo 2.13 13-inches (mid-2009) is the subnotebook engineered, designed and manufactured by Apple. It takes the middle between MacBook Pro and MacBook Retina and the top position of the 2009 line-up. While the design – an ultra-thin machined aluminum case with a full-size backlit keyboard with ambient light sensor – remained the same, the HDD had been swapped back for a solid-state drive and the processor clock speed boosted.
MacBook Air Core 2 Duo 2.13 13-inches (Mid-2009)
MacBook Air Core 2 Duo 2.1313-inches (mid-2009) is powered with a dual core Air Core 2 Duo (SL9600) and NVIDIA GeForce 9400M integrated graphics processor with 256 MB of shared DDR3 memory. It features 2 GB of RAM, a 128 GB solid-state drive (SSD). The widescreen TFT LED backlit active-matrix display has 1280 x 800 native resolution and a glossy surface.
MacBook Air Core 2 Duo 2.13 13-inches has an inbuilt iSight video camera with 640 × 480 resolution and two stereo speakers placed under the keyboard for multimedia and AirPort Extreme (802.11a/b/g/n) port and Bluetooth 2.1+EDR for communication. The only USB 2.0 port, analog audio out and Mini DisplayPort video out with external 24″ display support sum up the connectivity options. MacBook Air Core 2 Duo 2.13 13″ (mid-2009) lacks Firewire, Ethernet (with an external adapter available for an extra cost), and optical audio in/out.
Introduced on: June 8, 2009.
- Codename: MacBook Air.
- Processor Speed: 2.13 GHz.
- Boost Speed: N/A.
- Processor Architecture: 64-bit.
- Processor type: Air Core 2 Duo (SL9600) “Penryn”.
- Processor upgrade: soldered.
- Cores: 2.
- Graphics core: Yes.
- On-Board RAM: 2 GB, DDR3 1066 MHz.
- Max. RAM: non-upgradeable.
- Video: Retina 13.3″ LED-backlit TFT active matrix IPS, 16:10 widescreen, 1280 x 800 pixels max resolution.
- Webcam: iSight, 640 × 480 resolution.
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 9400M graphics with 256 MB of shared DDR3 memory and Micro-DVI output.
- Storage: 128 GB SSD.
- Fusion Drive: No.
- Input\Output: USB 2.0, analog audio out and Mini DisplayPort video out.
- Power Connector: MagSafe.
- Battery: inbuilt lithium-ion polymer, 40-watt-hour.
- Internet \ Wireless connection: inbuilt AirPort Extreme (802.11a/b/g/n), Bluetooth 2.1+EDR
- Preinstalled OS: 10.5.7 (9B2324).
- OS max. upgrade: X 10.11.x.
- Dimensions: .16-.76 x 12.8 x 8.94 inch.
- Weight: 3 lb.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Model No: A1304 (EMC 2334).
Apple Order number: MC234LL/A.
Discontinued: October 20, 2010.
- Non-removable battery means you can’t remove it at home but have to bring your device to authorized service centers. According to Apple batteries in MacBooks are designed to retain up to 80% of its original capacity at 1000 complete charge cycles. The defective battery can be replaced within a year under the Apple warranty.
- You want to switch to a new MacBook model but don’t have enough means? We at iGotOffer help you save money for your new purchase. We pay the best price online for your old electronic devices. Free instant quote, free fully insured shipping, fast and secure payment: Sell your Macbook.