MacBook Air Core 2 Duo 1.86 13-inches NVIDIA is the revision of MacBook Air Core 2 Duo 1.6 13-inches that took place towards the end of 2008. While the design – an ultra-thin machined aluminum case with a full-size backlit keyboard with ambient light sensor – remained the same, the hardware had been thoroughly revised.
MacBook Air Core 2 Duo 1.86 13-Inches (NVIDIA, 2008)
MacBook Air Core 2 Duo 1.86 13-inches NVIDIA is powered with a dual core Air Core 2 Duo (SL9400) and NVIDIA GeForce 9400M integrated graphics processor with 256 MB of shared DDR3 memory. It features 2 GB of RAM, a 128 GB solid state drive (SSD). The widescreen TFT LED backlit active-matrix display has 1280 x 800 native resolution and a glossy surface.
MacBook Air Core 2 Duo 1.86 13-inches has an inbuilt iSight video camera with 640 × 480 resolution and two stereo speakers placed under the keyboard for multimedia and AirPort Extreme (802.11a/b/g/n) port and Bluetooth 2.1+EDR for communication. The only USB 2.0 port, analog audio out and Mini DisplayPort video out with external 24″ display support sum up the connectivity options. MacBook Air Core 2 Duo 1.86 13″ (NVIDIA, 2008) lacks Firewire, Ethernet (with an external adapter available for an extra cost), and optical audio in/out.
Introduced on: October 14, 2008.
- Codename: MacBook Air.
- Processor Speed: 1.86 GHz.
- Boost Speed: N/A.
- Processor Architecture: 64-bit.
- Processor type: Air Core 2 Duo (SL9400) “Penryn”.
- Processor upgrade: soldered.
- Cores: 2.
- Graphics core: Yes.
- On-Board RAM: 2 GB, DDR3 1066 MHz.
- Max. RAM: non-upgradeable.
- Video: Retina 13.3″ LED-backlit TFT active matrix IPS, 16:10 widescreen, 1280 x 800 pixels max resolution.
- Webcam: iSight, 640 × 480 resolution.
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 9400M graphics with 256 MB of shared DDR3 memory and Micro-DVI output.
- Storage: 128 GB SSD.
- Fusion Drive: No.
- Input\Output: USB 2.0, analog audio out and Mini DisplayPort video out.
- Power Connector: MagSafe.
- Battery: inbuilt lithium-ion polymer, 37-watt-hour.
- Internet \ Wireless connection: inbuilt AirPort Extreme (802.11a/b/g/n), Bluetooth 2.1+EDR.
- Preinstalled OS: 10.5.1 (9B2324).
- OS max. upgrade: X 10.7.5.
- Dimensions: .16-.76 x 12.8 x 8.94 inch.
- Weight: 3 lb.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Model No: A1304 (EMC 2253).
Apple Order number: MB940LL/A.
Discontinued: June 8, 2009.
- Again Apple didn’t enhance the RAM, but swapped HDD for SSD that boosted the OS performance.
- For Apple branded SSDs Apple chose non-TRIM controllers. With TRIM controller an operating system informs a solid-state drive (SSD) which blocks of data are no longer considered in use and can be wiped off. For the third-party SSD you have to turn the TRIM feature on but be aware that thus you lose Apple’s warranty.
- Improvements implemented by Apple didn’t touch the RAM capacity or hard disk form-factor but enhanced the RAM speed and video chip capabilities by switching the vendor. NVIDIA video processor had much more options for HD video playback. The hard disk capacity was also increased but not dramatically, it’s size determined by MacBook Air target employment. You wouldn’t keep on your video collection on a portable laptop.
- Getting ready to switch to a new MacBook? Recycle your old one for top dollar: Sell my Macbook Air online for best price.