MacBook Air Core 2 Duo 1.8 13-inches is built-to-order iteration of MacBook Air Core 2 Duo 1.6. Other than that it’s almost identical to the first subnotebook engineered, designed and manufactured by Apple that takes the middle between MacBook Pro and MacBook Retina. MacBook Air Core 2 Duo 1.8 13-inches sports an ultra-thin machined aluminum case with a full-size backlit keyboard with ambient light sensor.
MacBook Air Core 2 Duo 1.8 13-Inches (BTO/CTO, 2008)
MacBook Air Core 2 Duo 1.8 13-inches is powered with a customized dual core Air Core 2 Duo (P7500) and Intel GMA X3100 integrated graphics processor with 144 MB of shared DDR2 memory. It features 2 GB of RAM, a 64 GB SSD. The widescreen TFT LED backlit active-matrix display has 1280 x 800 native resolution and a glossy surface.
MacBook Air Core 2 Duo 1.8 13″ has an inbuilt iSight video camera with 640 × 480 resolution and two stereo speakers placed under the keyboard for multimedia and AirPort Extreme (802.11a/b/g/n) port and Bluetooth 2.1+EDR for communication. The only USB 2.0 port, analog audio out and micro-DVI video out with external 24-inches display support sum up the connectivity options. MacBook Air Core 2 Duo 1.8 13-inches (BTO/CTO, 2008) lacks Firewire, Ethernet (with an external adapter available for an extra cost), and optical audio in/out.
Introduced on: January 15, 2008.
- Codename: MacBook Air.
- Processor Speed: 1.8 GHz.
- Boost Speed: N/A.
- Processor Architecture: 64-bit.
- Processor type: Air Core 2 Duo (P7500) “Merom”.
- Processor upgrade: soldered.
- Cores: 2.
- Graphics core: Yes.
- On-Board RAM: 2 GB, DDR2 667 MHz.
- Max. RAM: non-upgradeable.
- Video: Retina 13.3″ LED-backlit TFT active matrix IPS, 16:10 widescreen, 1280 x 800 pixels max resolution.
- Webcam: iSight, 640 × 480 resolution.
- Graphics: Intel GMA X3100 graphics with 144 MB of shared DDR2 memory and Micro-DVI output.
- Storage: 64 GB ATA SSD.
- Fusion Drive: No.
- Input\Output: USB 2.0, analog audio out and micro-DVI video out.
- Power Connector: MagSafe.
- Battery: inbuilt lithium-ion polymer, 37-watt-hour.
- Internet \ Wireless connection: inbuilt AirPort Extreme (802.11a/b/g/n), Bluetooth 2.1+EDR.
- Preinstalled OS: 10.5.1 (9B2324).
- OS max. upgrade: X 10.7.5.
- Dimensions: .16-.76 x 12.8 x 8.94 inch.
- Weight: 3 lb.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Model No: A1237 (EMC 2142).
Apple Order number: BTO/CTO.
Discontinued: October 14, 2008.
- Released as a premium ultraportable device, MacBook Air soon downgraded to entry-level Apple laptop due to discontinuation in 2011.
- Build-to-order means that you order the build from Apple and wait for it to arrive from Apple factories, where customized systems are being assembled from barebones. Apple has a considerate number of these stored. When the order is placed, the barebone goes to assembly line.
- For Apple branded SSDs Apple chose non-TRIM controllers. With TRIM controller an operating system informs a solid-state drive (SSD) which blocks of data are no longer considered in use and can be wiped off. For the third-party SSD you have to turn the TRIM feature on but be aware that thus you lose Apple’s warranty.
- We Help You Save Money: Sell MacBook Air to iGotOffer for the best price online!