MacBook Air Core i5 1.3 13-Inches (mid-2013) is the subnotebook, engineered, designed and manufactured by Apple, powered by Haswell processors family. It is the ultra-thin machined aluminum case with a full-size backlit keyboard, 13.3” widescreen TFT LED backlit active-matrix display and solid-state drive.
MacBook Air Core i5 1.3 13-Inches (Mid-2013)
MacBook Air Core i5 1.8 13-Inches (mid-2012) is powered with a dual Core i5 (4250U) and Intel HD Graphics 4000 integrated graphics processor with 384 MB of shared DDR3 memory. It features 4 GB of RAM, a 128 GB \ 256 GB flash storage. The widescreen TFT LED backlit active-matrix display has 1440 x 900 native resolution and a glossy surface.
MacBook Air Core i5 1.3 13-Inches (mid-2013) has an inbuilt FaceTime video camera with 720p resolution and two stereo speakers placed under the keyboard for multimedia and AirPort Extreme (802.13a/ac/b/g/n) port and Bluetooth 4.0 for communication. Two USB 3.0 ports, analog audio out, an SDXC card slot and Thunderbolt video\audio out with external display support sum up the connectivity options. MacBook Air Core i5 1.3 13″ (mid-2013) lacks Firewire, Ethernet (with an external adapter available for an extra cost), and optical audio in/out.
Introduced on: June 10, 2013.
- Codename: MacBook Air.
- Processor Speed: 1.3 GHz.
- Boost Speed: 2.6 GHz.
- Processor Architecture: 64-bit.
- Processor type: Core i5 (3427U) “Ivy Bridge”.
- Processor upgrade: soldered.
- Cores: 2.
- Graphics core: Yes.
- On-Board RAM: 4 GB, DDR3 1600 MHz.
- Max. RAM: non-upgradeable.
- Video: 13.3″ LED-backlit TFT active matrix IPS, 16:10 widescreen, 1440 x 900 pixels max resolution.
- Webcam: FaceTime 720p resolution.
- Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 5000 graphics with 1.5 GB of shared DDR3 memory.
- Storage: 128 GB \ 256 GB SSD.
- Fusion Drive: No.
- Input\Output: 2 x USB 3.0, analog audio out, SDXS card slot and Thunderbolt.
- Power Connector: MagSafe 2.
- Battery: inbuilt lithium-ion polymer, 54-watt-hour.
- Internet \ Wireless connection: inbuilt AirPort Extreme (802.13a/ac/b/g/n), Bluetooth 4.0.
- Preinstalled OS: 10.8.4 (12E3067).
- OS max. upgrade: current
- Dimensions: .11-.68 x 12.8 x 8.94.
- Weight: 2.96 lb.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Model No: A1466 (EMC 2632).
Apple Order number: MD760LL/A – 128 GB of SSD storage. MD761LL/A – 256 GB of SSD storage.
Discontinued: April 29, 2014.
Price: $1099, $1299.
- Apple stuck to the low resolution to stay with the 16:10 ratio rather than the 16:9. Here MacBook Air (mid-2013) loses to Windows-based laptops of the same price segment which offer 1080p.
- The downgrade of CPU clock speed has to do with the enhanced battery life up to 10 hours. Now, the clock speed figures don’t mean much in a CPU performance and efficiency. Haswell family is 10% more efficient than the predecessor thanks to the new architecture.
- Excellent way to recycle your old gadget: Visit iGotOffer Website: Used Macbook Air for sale. We pay top dollar cash for your old electronics.