MacBook Air Core i5 1.4 13″ (early 2014) is the subnotebook, engineered, designed and manufactured by Apple, powered by Haswell processors family. It is the ultra-thin machined aluminum case with a full-size backlit keyboard, 13.3” widescreen TFT LED backlit active-matrix display and solid-state drive.
MacBook Air Core i5 1.4 13″ (Early 2014)
MacBook Air Core i5 1.4 13″ (early 2014) is powered with a dual Core i5 (4260U) and Intel HD Graphics 5000 integrated graphics processor with 1.5 GB of shared DDR3 memory. It features 4 GB of RAM, a 128 GB \ 256 GB SSD storage. The memory could be upgraded at time of a purchase up to 8 GB, but 4 GB was a standard configuration. The amount of SSD storage installed also determined the price. The widescreen TFT LED backlit active-matrix display has 1440 x 900 native resolution and a glossy surface.
MacBook Air Core i5 1.4 13″ (early 2014) has an inbuilt FaceTime video camera with 720p resolution and two stereo speakers placed under the keyboard for multimedia and AirPort Extreme (802.13a/ac/b/g/n) port and Bluetooth 4.0 for communication. Two USB 3.0 ports, analog audio out, SDXC card slot and Thunderbolt video\audio out with external display support sum up the connectivity options. MacBook Air Core i5 1.4 13″ (early 2014) lacks Firewire, Ethernet (with an external adapter available for an extra cost), and optical audio in/out. A 45W MagSafe 2 power adapter comes in a bundle.
Introduced on: April 29, 2014.
- Codename: MacBook Air.
- Processor Speed: 1.4 GHz.
- Boost Speed: 2.7 GHz.
- Processor Architecture: 64-bit.
- Processor type: Core i5 (4260U) “Haswell”.
- Processor upgrade: soldered.
- Cores: 2.
- Graphics core: Yes.
- On-Board RAM: 4 GB, DDR3 1600 MHz.
- Max. RAM: non-upgradeable.
- Video: 13.3″ LED-backlit TFT active matrix IPS, 16:10 widescreen, 1440 x 900 pixels max resolution.
- Webcam: FaceTime 720p resolution.
- Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 5000 graphics with 1.5 GB of shared DDR3 memory.
- Storage: 128 GB \ 256 GB SSD.
- Storage upgrade: 512 GB from 256 GB at the time of purchase.
- Fusion Drive: No.
- Input\Output: 2 x USB 3.0, analog audio out, SDXC card slot and Thunderbolt.
- Power Connector: MagSafe 2.
- Battery: inbuilt lithium-ion polymer, 54-watt-hour.
- Internet \ Wireless connection: inbuilt AirPort Extreme (802.13a/ac/b/g/n), Bluetooth 4.0.
- Preinstalled OS: 10.9.2 (13C1021).
- OS max. upgrade: current.
- Dimensions: .11-.68 x 12.8 x 8.94.
- Weight: 2.96 lb.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Model No: A1466 (EMC 2632).
Apple Order number: MD760LL/B – 128 GB of SSD storage. MD761LL/B – 256 GB of SSD storage.
Discontinued: March 9, 2015.
Price: $999 (128 GB of flash storage – MD760LL/B), $1199 (256 GB of flash storage – MD761LL/B).
- MacBook Air Core i5 1.4 13″ (early 2014) has no improvements at all save for the faster Haswell CPU with ultra-low TDP. The thermal design power (TDP) or thermal design point, is the maximum amount of heat a CPU or GPU generates. The maximum in its turn is determined by the cooling system power. In a nutshell, this feature means, that the processor is harder to overheat under normal performance and easier to cool by system fans.
- Intel Core i5 (4260U) processor belongs to Haswell family and supports hyperthreading. Thus, the end-user got two physical cores and two virtual ones.
- Solid-State or, as some reviewers put it, flash storage drives are manufactured by Toshiba, Samsung, SunDisk and Micron Technology, that’s why MacBooks Air 13” (early 2014) yield various results in benchmarks.
- It’s hard to part with, but if… Don’t forget to contact us, we at iGotOffer will only be happy to buy it from you. Free instant quote, free fully insured shipping, fast and secure payment: Used Macbook Air for sale.