MacBook Air Core i5 1.6 11″ (mid-2011) is the subnotebook, engineered, designed and manufactured by Apple, the compromise MacBook Pro and MacBook Retina. It is the ultra-thin machined aluminum case with a full-size backlit keyboard, 11.6” widescreen TFT LED backlit active-matrix display and flash storage drive.
MacBook Air Core i5 1.6 11″ (Mid-2011)
MacBook Air Core i5 1.6 11″ (mid-2011) is powered with a dual Core i5 (2467M) and Intel HD Graphics 3000 integrated graphics processor with 256 MB or 384 MB of shared DDR3 memory. It features 2 GB \ 4 GB of RAM, a 64 GB \ 128 GB flash storage. The widescreen TFT LED backlit active-matrix display has 1366×768 native resolution and a glossy surface.
MacBook Air Core i5 1.6 11″ (mid-2011) has an inbuilt FaceTime video camera with 720p resolution and two stereo speakers placed under the keyboard for multimedia and AirPort Extreme (802.11a/b/g/n) port and Bluetooth 4.0 for communication. Two USB 2.0 ports, analog audio out and Thunderbolt video\audio out with external display support (the resolution of the display supported is 2560×1600) sum up the connectivity options. MacBook Air Core i5 1.6 11″ (Mid-2011) lacks Firewire, Ethernet (with an external adapter available for an extra cost), and optical audio in/out.
Introduced on: July 20, 2011.
- Codename: MacBook Air.
- Processor Speed: 1.6 GHz.
- Boost Speed: 2.30 GHz.
- Processor Architecture: 64-bit.
- Processor type: Core i5 (2467M) “Sandy Bridge”.
- Processor upgrade: soldered.
- Cores: 2.
- Graphics core: Yes.
- On-Board RAM: 2 GB \ 4 GB , DDR3 1333 MHz.
- Max. RAM: non-upgradeable.
- Video: 11″ LED-backlit TFT active matrix IPS, 16:10 widescreen, 1280×800 pixels max resolution.
- Webcam: FaceTime 720p resolution.
- Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 3000 graphics with 256 MB \ 384 MB of shared DDR3 memory
- Storage: 64 GB \ 128 GB flash storage.
- Fusion Drive: No.
- Input\Output: 2 x USB 2.0, analog audio out and Thunderbolt.
- Power Connector: MagSafe.
- Battery: inbuilt lithium-ion polymer, 35-watt-hour.
- Internet \ Wireless connection: inbuilt AirPort Extreme (802.11a/b/g/n), Bluetooth 2.1+EDR
- Preinstalled OS: 10.7 (11A2063).
- OS max. upgrade: current.
- Dimensions: .11-.68 x 11.8 x 7.56 inch.
- Weight: 2.38 lb.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Model No: A1370 (EMC 2471).
Apple Order number: MC968LL/A – 2 GB of RAM and 64 GB of flash storage. MC969LL/A – 4 GB of RAM and 128 GB of flash storage.
Discontinued: June 11, 2012.
Price: $999, $1199.
- As Cinebench benchmark tells, MacBook Air Core i5 1.6 11″ (mid-2011) is 7.7% faster than its’ predecessor due to Sandy Bridge Intel processor and Intel integrated graphics. It’s also a bit heavier. There are two iterations of MacBook Air Core i5 1.6 11″ (mid-2011) which vary according to their storage and RAM capacity. The keyboard became backlit again but the display remained glossy.
- The top feature of Sandy Bridge is that the chip tries to boost up to its max speed under a heavy workload. It actually allows the chip to exceed the max value for a short duration.
- Why not sell the devices you don’t need anymore to iGotOffer. Check out our prices. We pay the best price online for your used electronics, just drop by our page https://igotoffer.com. Free instant quote, free fully insured shipping, fast and secure payment. Save money with us for your new model!: Used Macbook air for sale.