MacBook Air Core i5 1.6 11″ (early 2015) is the subnotebook, engineered, designed and manufactured by Apple, powered by Broadwell ULT processors family. It is the ultra-thin machined aluminum case with a full-size backlit keyboard, 11.6” widescreen TFT LED backlit active-matrix display and solid-state drive.
MacBook Air Core i5 1.6 11″ (Early 2015)
MacBook Air Core i5 1.6 11″ (early 2015) is powered with a dual Core i5 (5250U) and Intel HD Graphics 6000 integrated graphics processor with 1.5 GB of shared DDR3 memory. It features 4 GB of RAM, a 128 GB \ 256 GB SSD storage. The memory could be upgraded at time of a purchase up to 8 GB, but 4 GB was a standard configuration. The amount of SSD storage installed also determined the price. The widescreen TFT LED backlit active-matrix display has 1366 x 768 native resolution and a glossy surface.
MacBook Air Core i5 1.6 11″ (early 2015) has an inbuilt FaceTime video camera with 720p resolution and two stereo speakers placed under the keyboard for multimedia and AirPort Extreme (802.13a/ac/b/g/n) port and Bluetooth 4.0 for communication. Two USB 3.0 ports, analog audio out and Thunderbolt 2 video\audio out with external display support sum up the connectivity options. MacBook Air Core i5 1.6 11″ (early 2015) lacks Firewire, Ethernet (with an external adapter available for an extra cost), and optical audio in/out. A 45W MagSafe 2 power adapter comes in a bundle.
Introduced on: March 9, 2015.
- Codename: MacBook Air.
- Processor Speed: 1.6 GHz.
- Boost Speed: 2.7 GHz.
- Processor Architecture: 64-bit.
- Processor type: Core i5 (5250U) ” Broadwell ULT”.
- Processor upgrade: soldered.
- Cores: 2.
- Graphics core: Yes.
- On-Board RAM: 4 GB, DDR3 1600 MHz.
- Max. RAM: non-upgradeable.
- Video: 11.6″ LED-backlit TFT active matrix IPS, 16:10 widescreen, 1366 x 768 pixels max resolution.
- Webcam: FaceTime 720p resolution.
- Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 6000 graphics with 1.5 GB of shared DDR3 memory.
- Storage: 128 GB \ 256 GB SSD.
- Storage upgrade: 512 GB from 256 GB at the time of purchase.
- Fusion Drive: No.
- Input\Output: 2 x USB 3.0, analog audio out and Thunderbolt 2.
- Power Connector: MagSafe 2.
- Battery: inbuilt lithium-ion polymer, 38-watt-hour.
- Internet \ Wireless connection: inbuilt AirPort Extreme (802.13a/ac/b/g/n), Bluetooth 4.0.
- Preinstalled OS: 10.10.2 (14C2507).
- OS max. upgrade: current.
- Dimensions: .11-.68 x 11.8 x 7.56.
- Weight: 2.38 lb.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Model No: A1465 (EMC 2924).
Apple Order number: MJVM2LL/A – 128 GB of SSD storage. MJVP2LL/A – 256 GB of SSD storage.
Discontinued: October 27, 2016.
Price: $899 – MJVM2LL/A, $1099 – MJVP2LL/A.
- Apple skipped Skylake in their last MacBook Air line-up for no obvious reason at all. Some tech viewers speculated, Apple thinks big and aims for next generation Kaby Lake. Now, at the end of 2016 with no Kaby Lake available in stores or in manufactured computer systems and gadgets, this theory looks weak. Yet, waiting for Kaby Lake and even more anticipated Cannonlake seems the only excuse for MacBook Air to be left without an upgrade for a year more. On the other hand, with iPad Pro hitting the market, we at iGotOffer suspect, Apple has ditched Airs for pads. iPads has long been titled ‘laptop killers’, and now with detachable keyboard option they win over laptops with minuscule displays, to say nothing of Windows Surface that catches rapidly up.
- MacBooks Air of early 2015 with 11” display has two year old models of SSD similar to those installed in MacBooks Air of mid-2013.
- Why sell your old mac to iGotOffer.com? Our service is great for those that don’t want to worry about seeing their laptop stolen. We are great for people who value their time and prefer not to waste it. We at iGotOffer pay much more for the same MacBook and in the same state than our competition: Sell Macbook Air now!