MacBook Air Core i5 1.6 13 inches (mid-2011, Education Only) is the education only iteration of MacBook Air Core i5 1.7 13 inches (mid-2011). With slower processor and cut back storage aboard, this subnotebook was available for educational institutions only at a reasonably low price. It is the ultra-thin machined aluminum case with a full-size backlit keyboard, 13.3 inches widescreen TFT LED backlit active-matrix display and flash storage drive.
MacBook Air Core i5 1.6 13 Inches (Mid-2011, Education Only)
MacBook Air Core i5 1.6 13-inches (mid-2011, Education Only) is powered with a dual Core i5 (2467M) and Intel HD Graphics 3000 integrated graphics processor with 256 MB of shared DDR3 memory. It features 2 GB of RAM, a 64 GB flash storage. The widescreen TFT LED backlit active-matrix display has 1440 x 900 native resolution and a glossy surface.
MacBook Air Core i5 1.6 13-inches (mid-2011, Education Only) has an inbuilt FaceTime video camera with 720p resolution and two stereo speakers placed under the keyboard for multimedia and AirPort Extreme (802.13a/b/g/n) port and Bluetooth 4.0 for communication. Two USB 2.0 ports, analog audio out, SDXS card slot and Thunderbolt video\audio out with external display support (the resolution of the display supported is 2560 x 1600) sum up the connectivity options. MacBook Air Core i5 1.6 13-inches (mid-2011, Education Only) lacks Firewire, Ethernet (with an external adapter available for an extra cost), and optical audio in/out.
Introduced on: July 20, 2011.
- Codename: MacBook Air.
- Processor Speed: 1.6 GHz.
- Boost Speed: 2.30 GHz.
- Processor Architecture: 64-bit.
- Processor type: Core i5 (2467M) “Sandy Bridge”.
- Processor upgrade: soldered.
- Cores: 2.
- Graphics core: Yes.
- On-Board RAM: 2 GB, DDR3 1333 MHz.
- Max. RAM: non-upgradeable.
- Video: 13.3″ LED-backlit TFT active matrix IPS, 16:10 widescreen, 1440 x 900 pixels max resolution.
- Webcam: FaceTime 720p resolution.
- Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 3000 graphics with 384 MB of shared DDR3 memory.
- Storage: 64 GB flash storage.
- Fusion Drive: No.
- Input\Output: 2 x USB 2.0, analog audio out, SDXS card slot and Thunderbolt.
- Power Connector: MagSafe.
- Battery: inbuilt lithium-ion polymer, 50-watt-hour.
- Internet \ Wireless connection: inbuilt AirPort Extreme (802.13a/b/g/n), Bluetooth 4.0.
- Preinstalled OS: 10.7.3.
- OS max. upgrade: current.
- Dimensions: .13-.68 x 12.8 x 8.94 inch.
- Weight: 2.96 lb.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Model No: A1370 (EMC 2471).
Apple Order number: MD508LL/A – 1 item, BH302LL/A – 5 items pack, BH353LL/A – 10 items pack and BH355LL/A – 20 items pack plus AirPort wireless networking and a mobile cart for transport and storage.
Discontinued: June 13, 2012
- Thunderbolt supports other Thunderbolt compatible peripherals as well, providing up to 10 Gbps of bandwidth in both directions.
- Yet, MacBook Air Thunderbolt users are restricted in peripherals options, for they have to look for thunderbolt-compatible gadgets only. The only external display to go with would be Apple Thunderbolt, which also quite expensive.
The top feature of Sandy Bridge is that the chip tries to boost up to its max speed under a heavy workload. It actually allows the chip to exceed the max value for a short duration.
- You want to get rid of your old MacBook Air? Can’t help but sell here. Take a close look at the prices we offer: Sell Macbook Air now. Free instant quote, free shipping, fast and secure payment.