MacBook Air Core i5 1.6 13-inch (early 2015) is the subnotebook, engineered, designed and manufactured by Apple, powered by Broadwell processors family. It is the ultra-thin machined aluminum case with a full-size backlit keyboard, 13.3” widescreen TFT LED backlit active-matrix display and solid-state drive.
MacBook Air Core i5 1.6 13-Inch (Early 2015)
MacBook Air Core i5 1.6 13-inch (early 2015) is powered with a dual Core i5 (5250U) and Intel HD Graphics 6000 integrated graphics processor with 1.5 GB of shared DDR3 memory. It features 4 GB \ 8 GB of RAM, a 128 GB \ 256 GB SSD storage. First, the memory could be upgraded up to 8 GB at time of a purchase only, but since April 19, 2016 8 GB of RAM is a standard configuration. The amount of SSD storage installed also determined the price. The widescreen TFT LED backlit active-matrix display has 1440 x 900 native resolution and a glossy surface.
MacBook Air Core i5 1.6 13-inch (early 2015) has an inbuilt FaceTime video camera with 720p resolution and two stereo speakers placed under the keyboard for multimedia and AirPort Extreme (802.13a/ac/b/g/n) port and Bluetooth 4.0 for communication. Two USB 3.0 ports, analog audio out, SDXC card slot and Thunderbolt 2 video\audio out with external display support sum up the connectivity options. MacBook Air Core i5 1.6 13″ (early 2015) lacks Firewire, Ethernet (with an external adapter available for an extra cost), and optical audio in/out. A 45W MagSafe 2 power adapter comes in a bundle.
Introduced on: March 9, 2015 \ April 19, 2016.
- Codename: MacBook Air.
- Processor Speed: 1.6 GHz.
- Boost Speed: 2.7 GHz.
- Processor Architecture: 64-bit.
- Processor type: Core i5 (5250U) “Broadwell”.
- Processor upgrade: soldered.
- Cores: 2.
- Graphics core: Yes.
- On-Board RAM: 4 GB \ 8 GB, DDR3 1600 MHz.
- Max. RAM: non-upgradeable.
- Video: 13.3″ LED-backlit TFT active matrix IPS, 16:10 widescreen, 1440 x 900 pixels max resolution.
- Webcam: FaceTime 720p resolution.
- Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 6000 graphics with 1.5 GB of shared DDR3 memory.
- Storage: 128 GB \ 256 GB SSD.
- Storage upgrade: 512 GB from 256 GB at the time of purchase.
- Fusion Drive: No.
- Input\Output: 2 x USB 3.0, analog audio out, SDXC card slot and Thunderbolt 2.
- Power Connector: MagSafe 2.
- Battery: inbuilt lithium-ion polymer, 54-watt-hour.
- Internet \ Wireless connection: inbuilt AirPort Extreme (802.13a/ac/b/g/n), Bluetooth 4.0.
- Preinstalled OS: 10.9.2 (13C1021).
- OS max. upgrade: current.
- Dimensions: .11-.68 x 12.8 x 8.94.
- Weight: 2.96 lb.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Model No: A1466 (EMC 2925).
Apple Order number: MJVE2LL/A – 128 GB of SSD storage and 4 GB RAM (since March 9, 2015 to April 19, 2016), MJVG2LL/A – 256 GB of SSD storage and 4 GB RAM (since March 9, 2015 to April 19, 2016); MMGF2LL/A – 128 GB of SSD storage and 8 GB RAM (since April 19, 2016), MMGG2LL/A – 256 GB of SSD storage and 8 GB RAM (since April 19, 2016).
Price: $999 – MJVE2LL/A and MMGF2LL/A, $1199 – MJVG2LL/A and MMGG2LL/A.
- MacBook Air Core i5 1.6 13″ (early 2015) sports faster SSD drives by Samsung. Black Magic’s Disk Speed Test gives average write speeds of 629.9MB/s and average read speeds of 1285.4MB/s that is twice faster than MacBook Air Core i5 1.6 11″ (early 2015) with the last year SSDs aboard.
- The integrated Intel HD Graphics 6000 is 20-25% faster than HD 5000 and boosts the graphic performance greatly. At least enough for everyday tasks MacBook Air is meant for.
- MacBook Air Core i5 1.6 13″ (early 2015) is heavier than its competitors the Asus ZenBook UX305 and the Lenovo Yoga Pro.
- Why not sell the devices you don’t need anymore to iGotOffer. Check out our prices. We pay the best price online for your used electronics, just drop by our page https://igotoffer.com. Free instant quote, free fully insured shipping, fast and secure payment. Save money with us for your new model – Sell my Macbook online now!
Apple MacBook Air 11-inch & 13-inch (2015): Unboxing and Comparison. Video uploaded by DetroitBORG on March 10, 2015. Detailed unboxing & comparison of the 2015 MacBook Air 11-inch & 13-inch with Broadwell CPUs, Thunderbolt 2, and Intel HD Graphics 6000. Includes benchmarks and comparison to the previous generation MacBook Air.