MacBook Air Core i5 1.7 11″ (mid-2012) is the subnotebook, engineered, designed and manufactured by Apple, powered by Ivy Bridge processors family. It is the ultra-thin machined aluminum case with a full-size backlit keyboard, 11.6” widescreen TFT LED backlit active-matrix display and solid-state drive.
MacBook Air Core i5 1.7 11″ (Mid-2012)
MacBook Air Core i5 1.7 11″ (mid-2012) is powered with a dual Core i5 (3317U) and Intel HD Graphics 4000 integrated graphics processor with 384 MB of shared DDR3 memory. It features 4 GB of RAM, a 64 GB \ 128 GB flash storage. The widescreen TFT LED backlit active-matrix display has 1366 x 768 native resolution and a glossy surface.
MacBook Air Core i5 1.7 11″ (mid-2012) has an inbuilt FaceTime video camera with 720p resolution and two stereo speakers placed under the keyboard for multimedia and AirPort Extreme (802.13a/b/g/n) port and Bluetooth 4.0 for communication. Two USB 3.0 ports, analog audio out and Thunderbolt video\audio out with external display support sum up the connectivity options. MacBook Air Core i5 1.7 11″ (mid-2012) lacks Firewire, Ethernet (with an external adapter available for an extra cost), and optical audio in/out.
Introduced on: June 11, 2012.
- Codename: MacBook Air.
- Processor Speed: 1.7 GHz.
- Boost Speed: 2.3 GHz.
- Processor Architecture: 64-bit.
- Processor type: Core i5 (3317U) “Ivy Bridge”.
- Processor upgrade: soldered.
- Cores: 2.
- Graphics core: Yes.
- On-Board RAM: 4 GB, DDR3 1600 MHz.
- Max. RAM: non-upgradeable.
- Video: 11.6″ LED-backlit TFT active matrix IPS, 16:10 widescreen, 1366 x 768 pixels max resolution.
- Webcam: FaceTime 720p resolution.
- Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4000 graphics with 384 MB of shared DDR3 memory.
- Storage: 64 GB \ 128 GB SSD.
- Fusion Drive: No.
- Input\Output: 2 x USB 3.0, analog audio out and Thunderbolt.
- Power Connector: MagSafe 2.
- Battery: inbuilt lithium-ion polymer, 35-watt-hour.
- Internet \ Wireless connection: inbuilt AirPort Extreme (802.13a/b/g/n), Bluetooth 4.0.
- Preinstalled OS: 10.7.4 (11E2520).
- OS max. upgrade: current.
- Dimensions: .11-.68 x 11.8 x 7.56.
- Weight: 2.38 lb.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Model No: A1465 (EMC 2558).
Apple Order number: MD223LL/A – 64 GB of SSD storage. MD224LL/A – 128 GB of SSD storage.
Discontinued: June 10, 2013.
Price: $999, $1099.
- MacBook Air (mid-2012) revisions includes USB 3.0 ports, MagSafe 2 and a faster Ivy Bridge processor capable of boosting. Other hardware and its layout remains the same. Due to the fact, spare parts and batteries from 2011 and 2010 models can be used in repair.
- The new MagSafe 2 connector is much thinner and wider than its predecessor. A $10 MagSafe 2 adapter is available for an extra price from Apple.
- We Help You Save Money: Sell your old and used MacBook to iGotOffer for the best price online!: Macbook sale.