MacBook Air Core i7 1.7 11″ (early 2014) is the build-to-order but later standard iteration of MacBook Air Core i5 1.4 11″ (early 2014). It is the subnotebook, engineered, designed and manufactured by Apple, powered by Haswell processors family. MacBook Air Core i7 1.7 11″ (early 2014) is the ultra-thin machined aluminum case with a full-size backlit keyboard, 11.6” widescreen TFT LED backlit active-matrix display and solid-state drive.
MacBook Air Core i7 1.7 11″ (Early 2014)
MacBook Air Core i7 1.7 11″ (early 2014) is powered with a top-class dual Core i7 (4650U) and Intel HD Graphics 5000 integrated graphics processor with 1.5 GB of shared DDR3 memory. It features 4 GB of RAM, a 128 GB \ 256 GB \ 512 GB SSD storage. The memory could be upgraded at time of a purchase up to 8 GB, but 4 GB was a standard configuration. The amount of SSD storage installed also determined the price. The widescreen TFT LED backlit active-matrix display has 1366 x 768 native resolution and a glossy surface.
MacBook Air Core i7 1.7 11″ (early 2014) has an inbuilt FaceTime video camera with 720p resolution and two stereo speakers placed under the keyboard for multimedia and AirPort Extreme (802.13a/ac/b/g/n) port and Bluetooth 4.0 for communication. Two USB 3.0 ports, analog audio out and Thunderbolt video\audio out with external display support sum up the connectivity options. MacBook Air Core i5 1.4 11″ (early 2014) lacks Firewire, Ethernet (with an external adapter available for an extra cost), and optical audio in/out. A 45W MagSafe 2 power adapter comes in a bundle.
Introduced on: April 29, 2014.
- Codename: MacBook Air.
- Processor Speed: 1.7 GHz.
- Boost Speed: 3.3 GHz.
- Processor Architecture: 64-bit.
- Processor type: Core i5 (4650U) “Haswell”.
- Processor upgrade: soldered.
- Cores: 2.
- Graphics core: Yes.
- On-Board RAM: 4 GB, DDR3 1600 MHz.
- Max. RAM: non-upgradeable.
- Video: 11.6″ LED-backlit TFT active matrix IPS, 16:10 widescreen, 1366 x 768 pixels max resolution.
- Webcam: FaceTime 720p resolution.
- Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 5000 graphics with 1.5 GB of shared DDR3 memory.
- Storage: 128 GB \ 256 GB SSD.
- Storage upgrade: 512 GB from 256 GB at the time of purchase.
- Fusion Drive: No.
- Input\Output: 2 x USB 3.0, analog audio out and Thunderbolt.
- Power Connector: MagSafe 2.
- Battery: inbuilt lithium-ion polymer, 38-watt-hour.
- Internet \ Wireless connection: inbuilt AirPort Extreme (802.13a/ac/b/g/n), Bluetooth 4.0.
- Preinstalled OS: 10.9.2 (13C1021).
- OS max. upgrade: current.
- Dimensions: .11-.68 x 11.8 x 7.56.
- Weight: 2.38 lb.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Model No: A1465 (EMC 2631).
Apple Order number: MF067LL/A.
Discontinued: March 9, 2015.
Price: $1049 (128 GB SSD), $1249 (256 GB SSD).
- MacBook Air Core 11″ (early 2014) is faster than its predecessor due to new OS rather than any hardware updates. Apple made up for lack of those with dropping the price. MacBook Air Core 11″ (early 2014) costed $100 less. The last but not the least advantage of the MacBook Air Core 11″ (early 2014) is the battery life that is 90 minutes longer. Provided this Air is not so great about performance, you may need that extra hour and a half.
- The SSD drives also had come from 2013. No wonder MacBook Air Core 11″ (early 2014) showed no significant increase in performance and failed some benchmarks. The fact that Apple acquires SSD drives from a range of manufacturers – Toshiba, Samsung and SunDisk included – can also be germane to the performance.
- Intel Core i5 (4650U) processor belongs to Haswell family and supports hyperthreading. Thus, the end-user got two physical cores and two virtual ones.
- The most efficient way to recycle the Mac you don’t need anymore : Sell it to iGotOffer for cash. You’ll sell it to us as soon as you see the price we pay!: Macbook for sale.