MacBook Air Core i7 1.7 13-inch (early 2014) is the build-to-order but later standard iteration of MacBook Air Core i5 1.4 13-inch (early 2014). It is the subnotebook, engineered, designed and manufactured by Apple, powered by Haswell processors family. It is the ultra-thin machined aluminum case with a full-size backlit keyboard, 13.3-inch widescreen TFT LED backlit active-matrix display and solid-state drive.
MacBook Air Core i7 1.7 13-inch (Early 2014)
MacBook Air Core i7 1.7 13-inch (early 2014) is powered with a dual Core i7 (4650U) and Intel HD Graphics 5000 integrated graphics processor with 1.5 GB of shared DDR3 memory. It features 4 GB of RAM, a 128 GB \ 256 GB \ 512 GB SSD storage. The memory could be upgraded at time of a purchase up to 8 GB, but 4 GB was a standard configuration. The amount of SSD storage installed also determined the price. The widescreen TFT LED backlit active-matrix display has 1440 x 900 native resolution and a glossy surface.
MacBook Air Core i7 1.7 13-inch (early 2014) has an inbuilt FaceTime video camera with 720p resolution and two stereo speakers placed under the keyboard for multimedia and AirPort Extreme (802.13a/ac/b/g/n) port and Bluetooth 4.0 for communication. Two USB 3.0 ports, analog audio out, SDXC card slot and Thunderbolt video\audio out with external display support sum up the connectivity options. MacBook Air Core i7 1.7 13-inch (early 2014) lacks Firewire, Ethernet (with an external adapter available for an extra cost), and optical audio in/out. A 45W MagSafe 2 power adapter comes in a bundle.
Introduced on: April 29, 2014.
- Codename: MacBook Air.
- Processor Speed: 1.7 GHz.
- Boost Speed: 3.3 GHz.
- Processor Architecture: 64-bit.
- Processor type: Core i5 (4650U) “Haswell”.
- Processor upgrade: soldered.
- Cores: 2.
- Graphics core: Yes.
- On-Board RAM: 4 GB, DDR3 1600 MHz.
- Max. RAM: non-upgradeable.
- Video: 13.3″ LED-backlit TFT active matrix IPS, 16:10 widescreen, 1440 x 900 pixels max resolution.
- Webcam: FaceTime 720p resolution.
- Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 5000 graphics with 1.5 GB of shared DDR3 memory.
- Storage: 128 GB \ 256 GB \ 512 GB SSD.
- Fusion Drive: No.
- Input\Output: 2 x USB 3.0, analog audio out, SDXC card slot and Thunderbolt.
- Power Connector: MagSafe 2.
- Battery: inbuilt lithium-ion polymer, 54-watt-hour.
- Internet \ Wireless connection: inbuilt AirPort Extreme (802.13a/ac/b/g/n), Bluetooth 4.0.
- Preinstalled OS: 10.9.2 (13C1021).
- OS max. upgrade: current.
- Dimensions: .11-.68 x 12.8 x 8.94.
- Weight: 2.96 lb.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Model No: A1466 (EMC 2632).
Apple Order number: MF068LL/A.
Discontinued: March 9, 2015.
Price: $1149 (128 GB), $1349 (26 GB), $1749 (512 GB).
- MacBook Air Core i7 1.7 13″ (early 2014) is also identical to the buid-to-order MacBook Air Core i7 1.7 13″ (mid-2013). Obviously, Apple isn’t too generous when in comes to customizing their products. Both laptops, though with one year between them, run on the same Haswell processor with exactly the same clock speed and overclock speed.
- PCIe is the Apple proprietary socket for SSD drives, so have it in mind when choosing the SSDs for upgrade. SSD drive is the only home upgradeable part of MacBook Air and an experienced user can easily boost up the storage volume. You can find 1 TB SSD drives in the market nowadays.
- Solid-State or, as some reviewers put it, flash storage drives are manufactured by Toshiba, Samsung, SunDisk and Micron Technology, that’s why MacBooks Air 13” (early 2014) yield various results in benchmarks.
- It’s a perfectly balanced system in and out. Still, if you look for other tablets, we at iGotOffer will be glad to take in your MacBook Air: Sell My MacBook Air for top price online!