MacBook Air Core i7 1.8 11″ (mid-2011) is the build-to-order but later standard iteration of MacBook Air Core i5 1.6 11″ (mid-2011) with top mobile Intel Sandy Bridge. The subnotebook, engineered, designed and manufactured by Apple, is the compromise MacBook Pro and MacBook Retina. It is the ultra-thin machined aluminum case with a full-size backlit keyboard, 11.6” widescreen TFT LED backlit active-matrix display and flash storage drive.
MacBook Air Core i7 1.8 11″ (Mid-2011)
MacBook Air Core i5 1.6 11″ (mid-2011) is powered with a dual Core i7 (2677M) and Intel HD Graphics 3000 integrated graphics processor with 256 MB or 384 MB of shared DDR3 memory. It features 4 GB of RAM, a 128 GB \ 256 GB flash storage. The widescreen TFT LED backlit active-matrix display has 1366 x 768 native resolution and a glossy surface.
MacBook Air Core i5 1.6 11″ (mid-2011) has an inbuilt FaceTime video camera with 720p resolution and two stereo speakers placed under the keyboard for multimedia and AirPort Extreme (802.11a/b/g/n) port and Bluetooth 4.0 for communication. Two USB 2.0 ports, analog audio out and Thunderbolt video\audio out with external display support (the resolution of the display supported is 2560 x 1600) sum up the connectivity options. MacBook Air Core i7 1.8 11″ (Mid-2011) lacks Firewire, Ethernet (with an external adapter available for an extra cost), and optical audio in/out.
Introduced on: July 20, 2011.
- Codename: MacBook Air.
- Processor Speed: 1.8 GHz.
- Boost Speed: 2.9 GHz.
- Processor Architecture: 64-bit.
- Processor type: Core i7 (2677M) “Sandy Bridge”.
- Processor upgrade: soldered.
- Cores: 2.
- Graphics core: Yes.
- On-Board RAM: 4 GB, DDR3 1333 MHz.
- Max. RAM: non-upgradeable.
- Video: 11″ LED-backlit TFT active matrix IPS, 16:10 widescreen, 1280 x 800 pixels max resolution.
- Webcam: FaceTime 720p resolution.
- Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 3000 graphics with 256 MB \ 384 MB of shared DDR3 memory
- Storage: 128 GB \ 256 GB flash storage.
- Fusion Drive: No.
- Input\Output: 2 x USB 2.0, analog audio out and Thunderbolt.
- Power Connector: MagSafe.
- Battery: inbuilt lithium-ion polymer, 35-watt-hour.
- Internet \ Wireless connection: inbuilt AirPort Extreme (802.11a/b/g/n), Bluetooth 4.0.
- Preinstalled OS: 10.7 (11A2063).
- OS max. upgrade: current.
- Dimensions: .11-.68 x 11.8 x 7.56 inch.
- Weight: 2.38 lb.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Model No: A1370 (EMC 2471).
Apple Order number: MD214LL/A.
Discontinued: June 11, 2012.
- MacBooks Airs of 2011 were shipped with two panels: either Samsung or LG Philips, the latter being a tad dimmer than the former. To know which panel you have, open up terminal and execute this string: ioreg -lw0 | grep IODisplayEDID | sed “/[^<]*</s///” | xxd -p -r | strings -6
The output will be like:
The output will look something like this:
LP stands for LG Philips, and LT – for Samsung.
- We are just eager to buy your MacBook Air from you for top cash, if you feel like exploring next generation Macs and pool money for them: Macbook Sale.